Refurb Crucial SSDs

Sponge

I went to Crucial's Facebook page to see if I could find a discount code on memory and discovered a post on special offer SSDs, refurbs. I followed the link and got rather excited at the prospect of a cheap SSD for my laptop, until I saw the rather limited 30 day warranty. :confused:

I just thought I'd pass on the link here, in case anyone wanted to take a punt. +++

Crucial Solid-State Drive Refurbished Promotion

64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5-inch (refurb) £38.40 ex. VAT £46.08 inc. VAT*

128GB Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5-inch (refurb) £76.80 ex. VAT £92.16 inc. VAT*

256GB Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5-inch (refurb) £153.60 ex. VAT £184.32 inc. VAT

Edited by Sponge

I don't believe they are in general, no. Bear in mind my machines go through constant rebuilds and often have very early beta releases on them.

I wouldn't buy a refurb with 30 day guarantee though, no chance.

Ah ok,

Mine just sits in the corner and its left alone.

I guess I'll not be having any probs with it.... Hopefully.

I paid £118 for my 64GB C300 back in June 2010 and it's been faultless, touch wood. But I do agree that a 30 day warranty does suggest to me that Crucial have very little faith in these refurb drives. I might have chanced it had it been 6 months.

I am curious as to how the SOGA applies to refurb products, though.

Edited by Sponge

for the record a small ocz vertex 2 is much faster than small c300 due to much better write speed (and if its OS drive you have lots of small writes)

ocz vertex 3 faster again but you need fast pc and demanding user to utilise/notice.

i've not had an ssd failure touch wood. even several year old mtron drives still doing the job but as backup devices now. but were used 24/7 at full throttle for couple of years. ocz vertex are the ones to buy regardless of budget.