• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast: glass of water, muesli with skimmed milk, tea

11am: apple, sunflower/pumpkin seeds

12pm: wrap with chicken and salad

1pm: Same as above

5pm: dinner, with a pudding (variety of things).

Water during the day and a few cups of tea.

Biking most weekends, 15-25 miles, not much in the week but work is very physical and is burning off calories. Need to do some more cardio/resistance training so may start running. Not much spare time for much else.

Yippee!!! 15st 13 3/4lbs. Only lost 1 lb this week (which is my target loss each week at the moment). But that included football (pub) on Saturday and unfortunately no exercise as i'm back on decorating duties in the evening, however, I think using a bolster and hammer to smash out coving and stripping anaglypta is probably nearly as good as some light exercise.

Broken the 16 stone barrier though for the first time in about 18 months so i'm smiling this morning at least.

Managed not to fall off the roof... :P

Friday morning weigh in, 28 Oct 2011:

Weight: 19st 5.5lb ... (-0.75lb, -11.5lb overall)

Waist: ...... 54.5in ... (-0.25in, -1.5in overall)

Steps: ........2440 ... (rolling ave 3615, down 234)

Initial target date 16 Dec 2011

Weight target = 18st 0lb (-2st 3lb)

Waist = belly at its largest point...

Steps = ave/day this week, rolling ave target = 5000

Phew. :uhoh:

Happy to have lost anything this week. Was laid up first half of the week with the lurgy and barely moved, hence rather a poor do on the exercise front. Hopefully make up for that this weekend.

Fortnightly weigh in (half way through now)

29/10/11 - 6 weeks in

Weight: 83.5 / -1.8kg / 3.5kg to go

BMI: 26.4% / -0.6% / 1.4% to go

Body Fat: 27% / -0.4% / 4% to go

Still going in the right direction......but realising there is a lot of work to do on the fitness front.

Just had my first 1to1 session with my new personal trainer (ex British boxing champion) and was nearly physically sick after 30 mins. After an hour I was completely f****d.

On the plus side, I went with my nephew who is only 22 and he was actually sick.

Personal trainer? We're gonna see the weight tumble off now +++

Well, either way you'll lose a few pounds :grin:

I do the gym between 1 and 4 times a week already. But this PT kept us to 3 minute rounds / 1 min rest relentlessly for an hour!

He is training to re-gain his British title and seems to think a 40+ financial adviser should have the same routine.

I am typing this in bed at 4am as I can't sleep cause I ache too much!

Right, enough is enough for me.

Weight in March was 13 stone 2lbs it's now 13 stone 11lbs.

The summer was a festival of food and booze, which has accelerated across the past two months of gardening leave, consuming far too much alcohol in the evenings and too many long lunches, and has culminated in the need to purchase bigger jeans today....

Anyway, by Christmas I want to be back to around 13 stone. This starts today. Going to give up booze for November, this will be difficult, and also exercise everyday at my gym including swimming and then lots of walking and garden work.

I am also, and this is REALLY hard, going to try to be a vegetarian as possible but with the added protein of fish. Meat features heavily in my life...

I have calculated that the money saved is going to take me to LA for New Year.... So there is twice the incentive.

13st 11lbs -1st November.

Right, enough is enough for me.

Weight in March was 13 stone 2lbs it's now 13 stone 11lbs.

The summer was a festival of food and booze, which has accelerated across the past two months of gardening leave, consuming far too much alcohol in the evenings and too many long lunches, and has culminated in the need to purchase bigger jeans today....

Anyway, by Christmas I want to be back to around 13 stone. This starts today. Going to give up booze for November, this will be difficult, and also exercise everyday at my gym including swimming and then lots of walking and garden work.

I am also, and this is REALLY hard, going to try to be a vegetarian as possible but with the added protein of fish. Meat features heavily in my life...

I have calculated that the money saved is going to take me to LA for New Year.... So there is twice the incentive.

13st 11lbs -1st November.

This was similar to my story, although on a heavier scale, 14 stone 6. Now around a stone lighter and trying to get to about 13. It's hard to start but gets easier. For me wine was the tough one but not buying 3/4 bottles at £7-10 a go has made my monthly shop bill a lot nicer! I still have a beer/wine but only on a night out rather than tucking it away in the week for the sake of it. Nothing better than trousers that fit.

Sorry that should have read 3/4 a week. So at an average of £8 a go about £120 a month. And tbh it's more of a habit thing with wine. If its there you drink it. If there isn't a bottle in the house you forget about it. A bit like biscuits really! I had a few large reds on Saturday night and felt rough as f uck all Sunday so that's put me off too which is good.

No added sugar Ribena for me....

+++

NO!!!

If you must have squash - drink normal stuff, not the no added sugar stuff. They're full of aspartame, which give it a sweetness, but your body can't process it properly - just buy normal Ribena or other squash.

Exactly the same goes for ALL of these easy spread butter things - they're full of processed vegetable oil and trans-fats. Very bad idea.

Don't give up meat. Your body still needs a good source of protein, which can be had from soya and quorn, but it's not that easy for your body to get at - chicken and fish are the best options (and most fish comes with the added bonus of omega oils). Actually, that's not strictly true - whey protein provides the easiest source of accessible protein, but you don't normally find that other than in supplements.

Red meat is fine, but in moderation - like that's going to happen on here :roflmao:

The most important thing is in what type of red meat you eat and how it's prepared - try to stick to steaks, rather than mince-based products, and don't buy any pre-processed or ready made stuff.

NO!!!

If you must have squash - drink normal stuff, not the no added sugar stuff. They're full of aspartame, which give it a sweetness, but your body can't process it properly

So what does your body do with it instead? First time I've heard a bad word said about no added sugar squash. I've been drinking it for my whole adult life.

Will check my Tesco 'no added sugar' 'concentrated' lemon squash when I get home and report back. :P

In truth Mook, what do you suggest we should drink with a meal when we're bored of water? Normal squash in moderation? Fruit juice (just as sugary surely?) ? Smoothies (homemade better?) ? Presumably not diet fizzy drinks like Coke, Lilt etc...

Or wine? :grin:

So today was a good day in the weigh in stakes. I am now only 0.8 lbs from my goal of 12st12lbs, and have lost a total of 94.2lbs. Going to push the target down to 12st7lbs just to see the magic 100lb loss and to get the (meaningless) bmi number into the 'normal' range.