Best car shampoo?

NewNiceMrMe

For years now I've used Megs Gold Class on our cars.

However, it seems not to generate the suds it used to, nor does it seem to do as good a job as previously. The two (suds/finish) could be linked of course.

I almost ordered Megs ultimate shampoo when i placed an order www.cleanyourcar.co.uk a few minutes ago for a new Sonus wash mitt, interior cleaner and stuff but thought I'd ask on here for what members think is the best shampoo out there?

Could this be a result of moving to a hard or soft water area recently?

Anyway, I use Megs NXT, bit of snow foam too from time to time.

Recently discovered the Poorboys polishes, superb on both my White and Black cars, so will be giving their car shampoo a go soon too.

We've only moved 1/4 mile as the crow flies Dan.+++

I've got no problems on the polish/wax side. AG Ultra Gloss Polish or Megs Show Car Glaze are what I tend to use, but I always stick with Pinnacle Souveran on the wax side and it does a stunning job on the black paintwork of the Z. It also brings up the X's Deep Blue Metallic fabulously well. It's just the shampoo I've got the hang up on at the moment. I might give NXT a try but I'm tempted just to order Megs Ultimate because it gets some cracking reviews on ecommerce sites selling the gear.

Cagey, I saw the CG Citrus wash on the site too. I've been impressed with any CG product I've used (especially the wet look mirror glaze) in the past so I guess it wouldn't harm to buy a small bottle of that too.

Go for Duraglos 901 (or 903 as I recall it's labeled in bigger quantity). It's the best i've used and i've tried many.

I recently ran out of Megs Gold Class and will be changing back to Duragloss. I would also agree that Megs has lost some of it's suds and lubricity (need to use more to get the same bubbles etc).

I've also had on the go some of the new Megs Ultimate wash stuff (yellow stuff). It leaves a nice impressive glossy finish but also leaves loads of water on the ca,r even after trying to sheet off as much as possible - so much so I will not buy any more as it makes drying a real pig. Certainly wouldn't want to use this in the winter months!

Edited by Tarmac_Terrorist

Was that an attempt at a backlink from a motoring forum to improve your page rank? :grin:

I admire the effort, but you need to get it in a thread talking about Tyres if you want it to work for you and you need to use anchor text on the URL too, otherwise it'll just not do what you want.:grin:

+2 for Duragloss, been using it for the last 2 years after several other car shampoos from Halfrauds and online including those from Meg's, AG, CG, Zymol and Dodo.

I'll let you have a sample amount of your want to try before you buy Chris as I usually buy a gallon carton

After I had my car detailed the guys made a few recommendations on how to preserve the shine of the Glare paint sealant they had applied, so I use the following for washing down the car

Chemical Guys - Extreme Bodywash & Wax (1 Gallon)

and then drying down I use this detailer

Chemical Guys - Extreme Slick Synthetic Polymer Detailer

So far the results have been great and I certainly have no complaints. My Karcher has never had so much use before :), use it every time I wash the car now to get rid of the loose dirt etc. Takes nearly twice as long to clean than my old car, then again I guess there is twice the amount of bodywork to clean !

I must admit, as I mentioned earlier I think, I have been very impressed with any CG stuff I've used.

I've got the opposite to you though Phantom....the Z4 is about half, maybe even a third, of the time to wash that the 6 series was! +++

Mind you, then I have to start on the monster that is the X5.:roflmao:

What is the difference between washing down and drying down?

I'm going to look for the motivation to properly shampoo, clay and wax the M3 in the coming weeks but dear god ... it takes so bloody long! I'll be useless at canoeing after that!