Poxy ford festa!!

lang24

Got a 2002 ford fiesta 1.4 16v duratec, withwhat appears to be a known problem.

Driving down the motorway i lose all accelerator and car feels like its cut out, the dash goes tits and the message EAC FAIL comes up in the mileage display. restart the car and drives ok for a mile or two then happens again, ive put my fault reader on it and it comes up with P2135 throttle position sensor voltage. ive had a look on a few forums a most of them put it down to the throttle body some evn go to wiring loom and ecu:eek:?!?!?!?!:ffs: my question is has anyone experienced the same problem and where i should go with it before i start ripping throttle bodies off it and muck up the programming?

any advice given would be greatful +++

Sounds like a connection problem either at you throttle pedal connector or at the throttle body connector.It may even be the wiring itself? Failing that id push it off a cliff on fire :roflmao:

LOL at tidy, believe me if i could i would push it off a cliff on fire. but its my sisters daily running that my dad owns so he wouldnt be happy if i did that:( when i checked the fault code on the forum it points to the throttle body itself as the position sensor is built into it and apparently is a common fault. ive checked the wiring visually and it looks ok i.e not corroded or burnt.:confused: but im guessing should check resistance? im gonna fire an email off to a website i came across that remanufacture throttle bodies and see if they can help. the connections all look good and in tact nothing loose. poxy fords almost as bad as VW lol.