A4 100 TDi Sport or 130 SE??

mazilc

Just about to order my new company car and have narrowed things down to the A4 - A bit classier than my other option - Mondeo Ghia X!

However, the dilemma is whether or not to go for the TDi 130 in SE variant or the 100 Sport. Obviously the Sport looks pretty good but the 130 probably has a bit more grunt.

I did testd rive the 100 Tdi and its surprisingly quicker than I though it would be.

Any thoughts???

Hi Mazilc.

Depends on your type of drive. If you spend most of the time on motorways, the 100 will be more than enough. If you spend your time on smaller roads, then the acceleration of the 130 will probably win you over.

Oh, and dont discount the vw passat, they tend to be slightly cheaper, and have better rear leg room.

Or if you aren't a badge snob, then the skoda octavia is a pretty good motor, same engine and chassis etc as the A4 (i think), but a slightly cheaper interior.

Hi, and welcome!

I had exactly the same dilemma!

Go for the 130 you wont be disappointed. There are many differences to the 100, therefore it leaves a bit more scope for future modifying (if you are into that sort of thing).

Differences (off the top of my head).

Fuel pump (Not pump duse)

Injector size

Turbo size

Intercooler

Compression ratio

Cylinder head

To name a few!

Also the 130 will have higher residuals, which in the long run whould cancel out the more expensive purchase price.

100 is a PD engine...and compression ratio is the same ... although there are differences on the management / turbo and intercooler side of things. 100 still has good scope for modifying - 140bhp after a remap. Main difference is that 130pd in the A4 has a 6 spd box and 100pd only has a 5.

[ QUOTE ]

Or if you aren't a badge snob, then the skoda octavia is a pretty good motor, same engine and chassis etc as the A4 (i think), but a slightly cheaper interior.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Skoda Superb is the A4 platform, the Octavia is based on the Golf/Bora platform.

[ QUOTE ]

Differences (off the top of my head).

Fuel pump (Not pump duse)

Injector size

Turbo size

Intercooler

Compression ratio

Cylinder head

To name a few!

Also the 130 will have higher residuals, which in the long run whould cancel out the more expensive purchase price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grab me coat notworthy.gifshtf.gif