Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedcameraaction

Garage wrecks R8

33 posts in this topic

Oh s0d it, I'll come out and say I'm cynical too. Odd first post from an R8 owner who isn't going to take legal advice. Many doubts overcome with a photo. With custard, clearly (although shouldn't we have our own test - mint sauce maybe).

A Rowntrees Strawberry Jelly. I've no idea why I said that.

Written notices such as "Sorry TSN" (McC) and some feline related A4 scrawl works equally well too ....

Guys, initial checks indicate that the poster is legit and not another McCombie.

Lets hope so I was interested in this one and outcome, not everyon approaches things in the same way.

Funny, I was thinking about this the other day when a black R8 passed me on the A189. Forgot about it then.

It went very quiet didn't it. I think that says it all.

Went into a spin from a standing start at traffic lights and hit a post with enough force to write it off?

Something doesn't add up here. The only way you could get enough speed up to write off a £60k+ car from a standing start is by launching it at 100% from the lights with the ESP disabled.

I've driven a couple of R8s and pulled away from several sets of lights and didn't write either of them off even once! They're not that hard to drive, and very difficult to spin from a standing start with quattro and ESP, wet or not.

I second what Shark is saying about the ESP etc......unfortunately no had the pleasure of driving such a beast.