The jury is out on this one

cruiser647

I went to the launch of the Evoque. They may start at £28k but most on show were nearly £50k. The 2 door is a strange idea. How many people want a coupe soft roader? Tbh I think it looks a bit, er Essex. It looks a bit too much on the road. I like the look of the Audi Q3/5, more reserved but a lot more subtle.

Evo have a test of the new Mini thing this month. They quite like it, although they do say the diesel version doesn't deserve the Cooper badge.

The Evoque is so much better than an X1 or Q3 it's actually embarrassing. It just happens to be a type of car I'm never likely to buy, at least for myself.

Think that's the Countryman Garçon

How did you get on with the Clubman Sam?

We loved it. Ran it as the only family car (with 2 kids) for 18 months. Required creative packing solutions for holidays but we managed a week in Ireland last year and got everything in no problem.

It was a fun drive as all Minis are and handled superbly and felt far more peppy than the power figures would suggest.

We sold it recently and I think the 18 months only coat us 1400 in depreciation (we bought it at 2.5 years old). The only reason we got rid is due to the kids being bigger and the rear legroom behind me being very tight.

I don't reckon it matters what size car you've got, or whether you've got a roofbox, it still ends up getting rammed with stuff when you go on holiday.

We ended up hiring a T5 Kombi van to go biking, climbing and hiking over the summer and it was chocka-block!