Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soulboy

New R forum

64 posts in this topic

No. Because you know it was really only a TDI with bigger wheels.

I've never driven a TDi that was as quick as that one then, and ran on petrol, amazing tech in VW's these days!

Does anyone here actually have a Golr R?:confused:

I think there is a grand total of 3!

Me, TP27 and Ashleywater.................so its not going to be the busiest area of TSN :grin:

I think there is a grand total of 3!

Me, TP27 and Ashleywater.................so its not going to be the busiest area of TSN :grin:

Unlike the RS3 thread, which everyone seems to love on here........with the odd "Dissenters" you know who you are, no names, no carp drill

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44919[/ATTACH]

Riz :grin:

Sweet Riz, uber cool!

Unlike the RS3 thread, which everyone seems to love on here........with the odd "Dissenters" you know who you are, no names, no carp drill

Really?

I know some people do, but there's a lot of people who don't.

Really?

I know some people do, but there's a lot of people who don't.

Tongue in cheek Mook, everybody hates us "Tailgating" VAG drivers, everyone from JC to Auto Express, at least I know what a Beemer owner felt like, before the 3 series starting outselling the "Mondeo".

How many RS3 owners do we have on TSN?

Nuff said!

They were there Tipex, they have gone over to other forums,to avoid the negativity which has pretty much killed off, the RS3 threads on TSN,some might say "Fine and good riddance" IMHO it is unfortunate,never known a model generate such negative comment on a forum as the RS3 has on here, far removed from the good old MK4 R32 days, when good natured banter was the order of the day

They were there Tipex, they have gone over to other forums,to avoid the negativity which has pretty much killed off, the RS3 threads on TSN,some might say "Fine and good riddance" IMHO it is unfortunate,never known a model generate such negative comment on a forum as the RS3 has on here,

To me the RS3 is nice, but personally I'd not pay the money. But I'd agree with that post 100%, what happened to live and let live? In the early days of me joining here, the S3 brigade, of which there were many, were always on about the Holy Grail that was to be the RS3.

However once it became reality and people started coming forward with orders, the outbursts were somethng else. If people genuinely have drifted away because of the nature of the posts on RS3 threads, I cannot blame them. People have been queuing up to be quite outspoken on a car they've never even seen in the metal, never mind driven.

I've sat in one, I didn't like it.

The thing with internet forums, is people are allowed to put their point across whether they like something or not, I haven't done a MrMe and minced off crying because someone doesn't agree with me and actually likes the RS3, I'm still here, so why would someone do that just because I don't like it? you've got to be a pretty weak minded individual to not be able to handle the fact someone doesn't like your choice of car.

I wish the RS3 was better, in theory it should be an awesome car, but Audi have lost their way and it couldn't be further from that holy grail car everyone dreamed of, all it is, is a poorly disguised attempt by Audi to get rid of the last of their outgoing model.

They waited this long, they should have waited a bit longer until they released the new A3, and made sure it handled properly and not try and hide the fact it doesn't behind silly tyre sizes.

It wasn't aimed at you (or anyone in particular), and yes, I appreciate you've sat in one.

There are plenty of shite cars out there (although some people may love them) but none seen to have attracted as much negativity on here as the RS3. If people have spent/are spending a lot of their own £s, I just don't get the need to have a go with such venom as was directed at the RS3. You don't like it? Fine. As the kids say 'jog on'.

It's not a car for me, I don't like it and wouldn't pay the money. But I'm not going to have a outburst about how shite it is for the money etc etc blah blah. Say you don't like it and move on.

I haven't done a MrMe and minced off crying because someone doesn't agree with me and actually likes the RS3, I'm still here, so why would someone do that just because I don't like it? you've got to be a pretty weak minded individual to not be able to handle the fact someone doesn't like your choice of car.

Consider this. I'm a potential RS3 buyer and Google the car. TSN is well indexed on Google so a lot of the hits on the first page lead here. I start reading threads and maybe even get brave enough to post a question only to see every thread dissolve into a barrage about how crap and over-priced the car is. What do I do? I do like ashley said and move on to a more receptive forum. It's not about toys being thrown out of prams, ashley was implying 'RS3 people' had been here and have moved on. And that's why.

No skin off my nose, like I say, it's not a car for me.

There are plenty of shite cars out there (although some people may love them) but none seen to have attracted as much negativity on here as the RS3.

Doesn't that tell you something though? if it was just one person saying 'I don't like it' then fair enough, but when so many people say the same thing, it just shows that Audi really have got it wrong.

To be honest, I think a lot of the apparent animosity towards the RS3 is borne out of frustration from people who really wanted it to be a great car, and had been (and continue to) waiting so long for it to appear.

Consider this. I'm a potential RS3 buyer and Google the car. TSN is well indexed on Google so a lot of the hits on the first page lead here. I start reading threads and maybe even get brave enough to post a question only to see every thread dissolve into a barrage about how crap and over-priced the car is. What do I do? I do like ashley said and move on to a more receptive forum. It's not about toys being thrown out of prams, ashley was implying 'RS3 people' had been here and have moved on. And that's why.

No skin off my nose, like I say, it's not a car for me.

Yes I get that, all I was saying was that there are very few RS3 owners about, very few have ventured on here, can anyone name anyone who's been on here that actually owns one? they just don't seem very popular.

I've sat in one, I didn't like it.

The thing with internet forums, is people are allowed to put their point across whether they like something or not, I haven't done a MrMe and minced off crying because someone doesn't agree with me and actually likes the RS3, I'm still here, so why would someone do that just because I don't like it? you've got to be a pretty weak minded individual to not be able to handle the fact someone doesn't like your choice of car.

I wish the RS3 was better, in theory it should be an awesome car, but Audi have lost their way and it couldn't be further from that holy grail car everyone dreamed of, all it is, is a poorly disguised attempt by Audi to get rid of the last of their outgoing model.

They waited this long, they should have waited a bit longer until they released the new A3, and made sure it handled properly and not try and hide the fact it doesn't behind silly tyre sizes.

If we look at your stance from a purely subjective position Tipex, appreciate you have actually sat in one, but have you actually driven one?

I had one for a weekend, and absolutely loved it, Moschops test drove one and also loved it, strangely enough we both ended up ordering literally the same spec and colour.

Myself and quite a few others on here, had MK4 R32's, in my case 2, you can see my 04 midnight Blue MK4 next to the MK5 I bought somewhere in the gallery, and Riz currently owns Moschops Mk4 R32, and a fabulous example it is.

I personally disliked the Mk5 R32 and only kept it a few months, binning it for a MK5 GTI, followed by a Candy White Ed30, followed by an S3 8P

Now JC loved the MK5 R32, I certainly did not, JC hated the S3, I loved it, I think EVO still rate it, in there top three or four hatchbacks, I traded my 56 plate in for a facelift model, which was even better,as they had tweeked quite a few things, the haldex being one of them, moved to a TTS in a moment of madness, which I didnt like at all, for numerous reasons (Drove a TTRS and just loved the engine, made the TT feel a different car altogether) I then moved to the Golf R, which IMHO, is one of the finest Golfs ever made, followed closely by the MK5 Ed 30 / Pirelli, so there you have it, my own personal tuppence worth, and just my opinion, based on my own personal experience with VAG cars, I've done Alfasuds to Fords and a whole lot of stuff in between, but I really dont get this brand bashing thing,I believe JC's hatred is based around the fact that Audi started sponsoring Man U, who his son detests, if his column in the Sunday Times is to be believed, he recently raved about the new Evoque as a 5 star car, drove one last weekend, exact same spec, and thought it was extremely dull, apart from some nice interior lighting detail and styling,look bloody awful in Black and passable in white, but apart from that, nothing that impressed me in the slightest

My first car was a MK1 Capri, followed by a succession of Fords RS Mexico,Brooklands Capri, MK1 Golf GTI (My sisters ex car)a few home built Q cars,culminating with an RS500 Cosworth,definitely not a Q Car, which was stolen and never seen again,shipping them to Spain & Cyprus in those days I seem to remember, so in essence I was brought up on RWD motors, and the Capri believe it or not was one of my favourites, even allowing for the rear drum brakes, on a V6 160Hp car, that weighed less than a fag packet, but probably had the finest power steering feel and balance I have ever driven,a beemer wouldnt come close,and a motor that was so tractable, it was awesome,no traction control ABS ESP and such like in those there days, you drove by the seats of your usually soiled pants, not by wire.

In essence,thats where the 2.5 RS 5 pot gets me, first engine that feels like the old cologne V6 did, just pulls like from way down low, with bundles of punch

I agree the RS3 is not what we wanted it to be, but I dont think it is as far wide of the mark, as some may think, in regards to being an old car, if we go back to the last RS4, I seem to remember that turning up in showrooms, just as the new A4 was being launched, and there was certainly no demeaning of it on this forum,on the basis of the new model being sat next to it or it being an old shape etc, that being said I respect everyones opinions on here greatly, what I think is uncalled for, is bashing any car, without actually having driven one, I remember Tipex posting about his Golf R test, and how surprised he was how good the car actually was, apart from it feeling heavy, which I would comment as feeling planted, but depends what you ususally drive and what you are comparing it to, all subjective stuff and open to all sorts of personal opinion.

Oh and Milo, I wish I could have summed up the RS3 Thread situation, as concisely as you have, but unfortunately my intellect does not stretch to such eloquence

There's no one talking about the RS3 as Audi have failed to deliver many!!

I too have found the RS3 bashing bizarre. But it take all sorts so I'm big enough and old enough. I'll just have a laugh at the next chavmobile that Ford produce with a whale tail!

However having surveyed the market for a R32 replacement there weren't many choices. If the R32 wasn't nearing six years old we would be keeping it. But it is the wife and child's primary wheels and I don't want to risk the odd niggle and the grief that results. So, options... golf R and RS3 are the currently available alternatives. Evo and Subaru nice enough but not for us. Mrs just have me a blank look (of the jog on variety) when I made reference.

However, with all the delays I may go back and look at Golf R, I'm not waiting forever.

Golf R is 40k when spec'd, though I appreciate discounts are likely. We tested RS3. It ticks the boxes and that engine is great. It's not going on a track, so understeer on the limit isn't a concern. Being planted on the single track roads around here in all weather is more important. Yes, it isn't everything that it could have been, but it's not that bad.

Yeah but then the R32 was a great car!

Oi it still is.... to me! :D

Riz :)

Oi it still is.... to me! :D

Yep, your absolutely right, if I had the spare cash I'd have one no question, I even like the MK5 R32 if I'm honest.

The local plod have an unmarked dark grey Mk5 R32, and they like to spank it about, sounds absolutely gorgeous when being ragged to within an inch of it's life.

Yep, your absolutely right, if I had the spare cash I'd have one no question, I even like the MK5 R32 if I'm honest.

The local plod have an unmarked dark grey Mk5 R32, and they like to spank it about, sounds absolutely gorgeous when being ragged to within an inch of it's life.

Although I'm not a big fan of the MK5 it still is a smashing car and easier to live with than the more raw natured MK4.

The last ever V6 Golfs for the time being but the chances of a V6 returning under the Golf's bonnet seem very remote. The noise the R32 makes still brings a big grin to my face.... even at idle it sounds good when compared to the likes of the new breed of hot-hatches.

You must have almost used up your first tank by now, listening to it idle.

Sent from my computer using common sense

Milo :)

Edited by Milo

You must have almost used up your first tank by now now, listening to it idle.

Sent from my computer using common sense

Milo :)

:D I've managed to take the sig off my iPhone app! ;)