Anyone for Audi A7 Winter Wheel & Tyre Package

scubapro27

Hi Guys, anyone considering Audis official 19" Winter wheel and tyre package

Priced at £2040 which includes fitting, 2 day lead time from the factory in Germany

Not the nicest looking wheels in the world but I suspect the package would be much dearer if they were using other wheels from the Audi range

Everything points to a freezing winter with ice and snow again so am considering it, it would complement the 4WD well I think

I just don't want to wait until the snow is upon us to find out they are now back ordered until the spring which is what happened last Winter

That's a lot of money! I bought two 2nd hand snow tyres for my fwd A7 for £140 with 6.5mm tread. It must be my Scottish heritage!, but could not justify paying the full amount for what is hopefully a temporary measure. I am now looking for two of the same 18" wheels I have on my car. Failling that I will put them on the existing wheels.

Quatro will of course need 4 tyres. I had 2 on my 2wd galaxy last year and they worked wonders.

Last years offer was a farce. Audi launched it in national newspapers, but my local dealer hadn't heard of it.

Then the dealer said it would take 5 days to deliver, which went back and back and back to March, an estimated 4 months....

So gave up and someone on here got me some, by which time (not his fault) I had passed my car on to my father.

Good to see them getting things brought forward this year!

That's a lot of money! I bought two 2nd hand snow tyres for my fwd A7 for £140 with 6.5mm tread. It must be my Scottish heritage!, but could not justify paying the full amount for what is hopefully a temporary measure. I am now looking for two of the same 18" wheels I have on my car. Failling that I will put them on the existing wheels.

Quatro will of course need 4 tyres. I had 2 on my 2wd galaxy last year and they worked wonders.

Your wheels are 4G8 601 025A rims on ETKA and they are listed at £380 + vat each from Audi!!

Tyres are about £300 a pop for the same tyres whereever you buy them, which leaves £800 for the four wheels so £200 each. I think thats pretty cheap for OEM wheels and most unlike Audi to miss an oppourtunity to slap a massive margin on them.

I don't want to try and source 20" winter tyres, I'd rather have a 19" wheel and tyre set I just swop over. Only quandry is from previous track record I dont keep a car for longer than a year so it might be waste of money and only something I'd use once

I've never used Winter tyres before so am just curious to see the difference really. Also my house is at the bottom of a long hill and I usually get stuck at home while we have snow, its a private road that the council dont clear as well. last Winter I had to hire a Vauxhall Insignia to get to work as it was front wheel drive and could cope with the hill ok. I had a BMW 635d at the time

Yep, the Audi offer of last year was for 17"s on the A6.

not many low profile winter tyres about due to rubber.

And rather oddly Audi AG have stopped producing the Winter Wheel packages for the C6 A6 now! It's a little silly because they were easily the most popular requested Winter Wheel package for us last year.

We are currently doing 10% off the Audi Winter Wheel packages if ordered before the 31st October which would make a set of Audi A7 Winter wheels £1805.00 including VAT. We pop them on FOC first time too ;)

All I will say is if people are even thinking about Winter Wheels this year make sure you do it before the end of the month to avoid dissapointment. There were 100 sets of Audi TT winter wheels in UK stock at the end of September and they have all gone already! I've sold 16 sets of Winter Wheels in October alone!

http://www.marriottmotorgroup.co.uk/audi/servicing/view/188/Winter-Wheels-and-Tyres

I would be careful with just 2 snow tyres, you know what insurance co's are like if you should have a bang.

Not sure about insurance companies but the MOT testers are not bothered if 2 are fitted.

Great video shot and I don't disagree. When using 2 winter on the front and going fast around a roundabout the back end did swing out a bit, but not enough to loose control. No problem with straight breaking, especially with abs (which they did not use!! why not?). I beleive that the video is proving a point that 4 is better than 2 but the errors are exagerated. I guess I am comming from the point that 2 is significantly better than none.

Edited by Shabazmo
additional info

Yep me too, my rear tyres have loads of life left in them, my fronts will need replacing soon, so once winter arrives, I'll be sticking a couple of winters on the front, and leaving the rear, I like my cars tail happy anyway, it's easier to deal with than understeer! :grin:

Nope, different centre bore unfortunately. Tyres are the same size though.

Difference in CB size easily cured by Spigot Rings. That's what I've done for my C6 A6. Managed to buy a set of B8 A4 17's and have stuck on 225/50 winters on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think 17's would fit on the A7, besides that it would look ridiculous, smallest I'd go is 18"

I was surprised the Audi offering was 19" to be honest, 18" would make more sense and give you a wider and cheaper range of Winter tyres

Hello Terry Tibbs, how do I take advantage of your offer ? And do you know if the orignal 4 summer wheels and tyres will fit in the back of my A7 with the seats down to get them home again ?

I've recommended those wheels on here before as I was going to put them on my A6 Q - They look good and come with a 5 year warranty.

If the price is 'just' over a grand, then i'd say it's an good price as you could buy the wheels (100 each) + tyres (160 each) for about a grand, then you'd have to sort out fitting etc.

Just make sure the tyres are the Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance 2 XL, as the non-XL's are OEM for BMW.

If the price is 'just' over a grand, then i'd say it's an good price as you could buy the wheels (100 each) + tyres (160 each) for about a grand, then you'd have to sort out fitting etc.

They are £1040 valved, balanced and delivered so looks to be a good deal. They are also definitely the XL tyres as well +++. I can get the Continental TS830 for £40 less but these aren't XL tyres but are apparently a very good winter tyre.

I'm pretty sure you need to inform your insurance company too ...

Good advice and it's certainly sensible to do this - my insurance company for example is fine about winter tyres and wheels.

There has been a bit of a hoo haa about insurers wanting to charge more for cars shod with winter tyres. However, much of the issues people have with insurance companies saying they need to add an extra charge because the wheels have been changed is down to misunderstanding (and the inflexibility of insurers processes and systems). Insurance companies (quite rightly) don't like people adding aftermarket wheels because their risk is increased if those wheels are the wrong size etc. It also makes the car (or the wheels) more likely to be nicked. Let's face it most of the time it's Chavs fitting huge wheels to their Saxos. When you fit winter wheels which are the correct size and offset, fitted with the correct tyre for the vehicle, the insurance company doesn't have a leg to stand on. Do you need to inform the insurance company if you get a puncture and have to fit a spacesaver?