Casey Stoner MotoGP World Champion

Cuprabob

Agree with those words.... Stoner and the Honda are a perfect match. He's a mega talent with the bike to give him everything he needs. Would love to see Ducati and Rossi bring it to him but I can see it to be honest unless the 1000cc format allows the different style of riding that Rossi likes (eg. square the corner and gas it out) to the extent that he can overcome Stoners Talent.... Next years Honda aint going to be rubbish. But who knows .... The Panigale engine for the Duke road bike is already a reclined 90 degree and thats what the MotoGp bike needs... its possible. Next year will be interesting.... with the rule claiming bikes too...

I think the new 1000cc format will take 2-3 years to establish itself with strong new teams. Stoner will look to win again and again (despite the rumours of a retirement in 2013)..... I love Rossi but I cant see a come back.

Agree with what you have all said - not a Stoner fan but he certainly deserved to win the championship this year. He has jelled incredibly well with the Honda and has found a way of riding it that gives him half a second over everybody else. Some of the slow-motion shots of him mid-corner have been absolutely amazing. The only other person I have seen cranked over that far was John Hopkins who I'd love to see back in Moto GP next year. Let's hope the additional weight of the 1000's allows Rossi to ride the bike the way he wants to but I think Ducati have fallen back badly with chassis development and it will take more than one season to get back up the front.

Can't wait to see what happens next season, Honda should do well as the bike is good this year, even with a new engine. Yamaha, well they could be great again but I suspect not so, hoping Suzuki continue to develop and improve maybe even with two bikes and obviously interesting to see if Ducati can do anything other than spend a lot of money without the results +++