London Parking (Wembley Arena)

Tipex

Anyone got any thoughts on parking for the Wembley arena?

Myself and Barry Scott are going up on Sunday 30th to take our boys to the Disney On Ice show, and I'm in two minds as to whether to drive or not?

Traffic won't really be an issue on a Sunday, but I have no idea what the parking situation is like, and how much it'll cost?

Could go up on the train, but will have our 3 young boys with us, so would be easier to go by car, the bit up to Victoria station would be ok, but I fecking hate the stinking dirty, c*nt infested underground system, although the boys might like the adventure.

Anyone got any recommendations for parking or otherwise?

I've parked outside Wembley Stadium when I went to a gig at the arena, can't remember how much it was £15 or £20 I think. Bit of a queue getting in but not too bad and considerably quicker that train & tube in. The only issue was when leaving there appears to be one exit road (Engineers Way) which is fairly narrow and all these cnuts had badly parked their stupid stretched limos down there so it took a while to get out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in the end, we just parked in Wembley park train station car park, cost us £1.

I'm fully reminded why I hate London so much too, fecking sh1te hole, stupid traffic, and wtf are so many idiots doing on the M25 on a Sunday evening? Havent they got better things to be doing?

Thanks for that.

I've lived in London for 32 years and I sort of resent your candid remarks- I'd like to think you references don't extend to every inch of London region or everyone who lives and works here.

Could you maybe accept that just like every City there's some lows, some mids and (yes even in London) some wonderful highs.

Come off it Chris, such remarks are designed to get a reaction :P Nobody can be stupid enough to write off an entire region by taking a look at one piece of it that happens to to be a complete **** hole - I.e. Wembley.

Not to mention that in the same post he called himself an idiot :roflmao:

A bit like calling someone's wife ugly- she might be, but you just shouldn't say.

I'd have been happier if the post centred on the Wembley facilities, the poxy roads and motorways- but

I fecking hate the stinking dirty, c*nt infested
I'm fully reminded why I hate London so much too, fecking sh1te hole

is a tad OTT.

I'm expressing an opinion and have no interest in reaction- fishing and baiting simply isn't my style.

Am I no longer allowed an opinion?

'course you are - but his entire post was centred on getting such a reaction wasn't it? In fact that's most of Tipex' style isn't it? To be abrasive? I assume that comes as part of the job spec - London cabbies are just the same, absolutely right about everything ;)

I'm expressing an opinion and have no interest in reaction- fishing and baiting simply isn't my style.

Think you may have misunderstood, meant Tipex was fishing for a reaction, not you. I think the term is 'Don't feed the troll'.

Edited by Mac

Lol, no, I don't like London I'll make no bones about that, but Mac is correct, I know people like different things and places, and I'm not silly enough to think everyone shares my opinion, and nor should they.

My intention (believe it or not) isn't always to provoke reaction, sometimes it's just a symptom of my lack of vocabulary, I'm probably the most un-cabbie like cabbie your ever likely to meet, mostly because I understand the concept of customer service and pleasantries, and in never angling for a tip.

And yes I did call myself an idiot for being one of the idiots spending my evening sitting on the M25.

I absolutely adore London, but on the other hand I can completely see what it would wear some people out... Which is fine, leaves all the good stuff for us proper Londoners :P

The M25 rumors are there to discourage people from coming here - a conceptual wall if you will :grin:

The M25 rumors are there to discourage people from coming here - a conceptual wall if you will :grin:

According to Neil Gaiman the M25 is a complicated satanic symbol, it was subtly adjusted during it's design phase as a practical joke on humanity +++

I don't doubt it...

Ha, yeah - great book +++

Didn't think Enfield could be that big - LB Bromley is the largest isn't it? Dunno, haven't really looked at layouts of population.

Glad to see they sorted the misweighting of Tower Hamlets though - the value of the city meant one of London's poorest boroughs was missing out on some EU grants, which was massively unfair I think.

He always is, so am I, so is Mac, so is MrMe, actually we are all right- there is no wrong because it's an opinion rather that a factual statement....

+++ That's my normal statement, opinions are correct to whoever holds them, facts are facts, and people can be corrected on them if wrong, opinions can be changed as well though!

Rumours?, if only they were, I seem to spend an awful lot of my life on the M25, especially for somebody who actively tries to avoid ever going near it!

According to Neil Gaiman the M25 is a complicated satanic symbol, it was subtly adjusted during it's design phase as a practical joke on humanity +++

I don't doubt it...

I can well believe it, it would explain some of utterly daft sections that just seem designed to confuse and slow people down, like the M25/A21 junction, why do you have to turn off the M25, to stay on the M25?