Marco Simoncelli horror crash

Busby

Anybody watching the GP from Malaysia?

Simoncelli has just lost the front coming out of a really quick corner, tipped off right in front of Colin Edwards and been hit so hard that his lid flew off. He's currently in the medical centre so here's hoping that he is OK.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not watched it (being recorded) but had to have a look at this thread.

Fingers crossed :(

It's pretty awful. They show some on board footage late in the BBC show which shows just how big the impact was. Eurosport have said that they won't be showing any Moto GP programmes today and are repeating the 125 and Moto 2 races instead.

Twitter is awash with the worst news, but nothing other than "critical" from official sources as far as I can tell.

I really hope he's ok :( Such a balls out racer, it was really exciting to see how his career was going to turn out.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15420069.stm BBC News announces the worst news.

F**K.

Edited by m4ttm4son

If the race has been cancelled it can't be looking good.

I've drifted away in recent years from moto GP but is he the curly haired guy who always seems to upset other riders with his riding style?

That's him! He's probably the most exciting rider to watch as his extra weight/size means he can brake a lot later than the lighter guys, so he tends to make fabulous passes late on the brakes.

The race was cancelled as the medical centre was being completely dedicated to treating him. Therefore, if there was any other accident then there would be no medical staff available.

The medical centre that goes round with the Moto GP paddock is amazing. I was in there for checks before I did the Ducati ride at the Silverstone round and they have a full operating theatre. I'm sure he'll be getting the best possible treatment.

Race cancelled now which doesn't seem like a good sign.

Dorna said they didn't want to run the race while Marco was fighting for his life at the circuit. I'd say that was a very respectful decision. Gutted for Marco, he'd just been on the podium in Aus and was starting to mature into a really great rider. He was one of only a few riders on the hard rear tyre. Maybe it was struggling to get heat into it as the track temp had dropped quite a bit. I like his riding, he reminds me of Rossi and doesn't mind a bit of fairing bashing. Fingers crossed he's ok.

Twitter is awash with the worst news, but nothing other than "critical" from official sources as far as I can tell.

I really hope he's ok :( Such a balls out racer, it was really exciting to see how his career was going to turn out.

EDIT: BBC Sport - Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in Sepang BBC News announces the worst news.

F**K.

No, absolutely gutted. Can't believe it. What a terrible shame. Awful

If the race has been cancelled it can't be looking good.

I've drifted away in recent years from moto GP but is he the curly haired guy who always seems to upset other riders with his riding style?

Yeah that's him, mad hair. 250cc champion, very tall for a bike rider. No quarter given on the track. Had started to look really good. Unfairly labelled as a wild rider in my opinion. He put his bike in the gaps. RIP