Cruise control problem

bscull

Hi all

I have just fitted Cruise control and DIS to my Audi A4 B7 following this guide http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?52211-DIS-AND-CRUISE-RETRO-FIT-b6-b7 The DIS works 100% but the Cruise control does not work at all, when I hit the Cruise Stalk while driving nothing happens. I was thinking it may be a faulty Clutch Switch so according to this site, I done the following (http://www.wak-tt.com/vagcom/vagcomccbrakeclutch.htm

Select"01" Engine

Select"08"Measuring Blocks

Select Block"066"and GO

Display columns 2 and 4 show binary switch outputs from the Clutch/Brake pedals and the Cruise control stalk, when you press the pedals or operate the switch, the 0's should change to 1's or visa-versa.

The change indicates a working switch, if no change occurs you can isolate the failing switch

When I try to test it via Vag-Com I get a ‘Group 066’ not available (most likely my cheap EBay cable). I have also went through all the groups but can’t find anyone related to Cruise Control

post-48758-137914475786_thumb.jpg

Has anyone any ideas??

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply.

Yep, I activated the Cruise Control in address 01 and 16 using login 11463.When I entered the login i get a message that it was successful. But I noticed that if I go back into option 16 Steering Wheel then umber has reverted back to 00000. Is it suppose to do that?

Edited by bscull

No it's not.

It needs to be coded as per this page. It was a while ago, so I'm working from memory! I think it goes to 00000 when there are faults in that control module (Do you have a warning light on your dash - the yellow triangle or the skidding car?) Try going into the 02 Fault Codes section of Steering Wheel and clearing the faults and try recoding according to the above link.

After some messing about I got the Cruise Control System Group to show up on VAG-COM (cheap ass ebay cable, you get what you pay for)

01 Engine \ 08 Measuring Block and Selecting Group 006

When I hit the CC stalk up, down, left, right etc. the 'switch Monitoring' part (see screenshot) binary code changes from 0 to 1 at different parts of the number so I think that the CC is enable and the Stalk is working.

When I press the brakes the last two digits on the ‘Pedal Monitoring’change from 00 to 11. If I press the clutch nothing happens. I’m guessing that the next two digits should change but they are stuck at 11. Does this indicate a faulty clutch switch and is this way my CC is not working?

post-48758-137914475794_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Yes, I think you're right there. There should be some register of activity when you push the clutch pedal. Seems to be the best course of action - change the clutch pedal switch. If it's the same style as the brake pedal switch, it's dead easy. You can get to the area in question by removing the 3 8mm bolts that hold the lower dash trim in place and pull it towards the back of the car (don't forget to remove the diagnostic connector as you remove the trim!