• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Has any one any news, info on when Suzuka grey will ever be Released

This is a bit of an ongoing joke now, but not funny if you are waiting for a car in this colour.

The latest news, is update due in week 50? A bit like the ones at week 32 / 36 / 38 that never materialised either.

The best bit is,it is not a paint supply issue, as R8 & TTRS are available in Suzuka Grey.

My best info on the whole farce, is that you will not see your car till 2nd to 3rd quarter next year,at the earliest, just as the new A3 hits the showrooms, all in all,a total and utter feckin pee take by Audi

Hi Ash

yes agree, feckin peed of with audi no info since july !!

do you know what the issue is ??

why they cant produce RS3 in suzuka grey or is it part issues??!!

They have given me an A5 3.2 cab everyone thinks how great, lucky i am but its an over weight alcoholic and i am thinking of giving it back and telling audi to stick there order.

I will try and stop in stealers today to see what is going on if no news i will have to get in touch with R8 team again !!.

i am thinking of giving it back and telling audi to stick their order !!.

It's what I'd do - I cannot help but think with all these Posts that wideniong the RS Brand for Audi has been a mistake ?? That said, I feel for the Dealers on this, it's not as if the manufacturer is doing them any favours at all !! :ffs:

Hi Ash

yes agree, feckin peed of with audi no info since july !!

do you know what the issue is ??

why they cant produce RS3 in suzuka grey or is it part issues??!! !!.

believe me when I say I have exhausted all avenues on this, trying to get a reason for the delay, no information etc, but it really is a total and utter joke, as no one will even forward any sort of explanation, it is not a paint issue as previoulsy stated, as colour is freely available on R8 TTRS, cannot see it as a parts issue, as you can get any other colour no problem.

My gut feeling is that this colour for some unknown reason will be produced en masse at the end of the production run, which will result in suzuka grey cars not being produced till Q3 - Q4 next year, and I personally think the stealers know that,to be the reality of the situation, but cannot say it, for fear of a rash of cancelled orders.........

All in all, they can just feck orf, I am so close to throwing in the towel, all it is going to take, is the whiff of a Golf R 2.5 being available (One can but dream)

Latest update, from an extremely reliable source, production of UK RS3 cars, will not recommence till week 13 next year, so earliest deliveries of any colour will not be seen on these shores till week 18 earliest, new A3 has been viewed by Audi Uk stealers and initial impressions are that it is a A1 on steroids in the looks department.

The info on RS3 production comes from Germany not UK stealers, who appear unwilling to divulge this information to customers with orders and deposits in place,information which in all probability they must be perfectly well aware of, not what you would call good customer service.

went in to stealer's to find out what the f*** is going on !!

usual response "no news" but would call R8 team and get back to us??

did confirm any other Audi except RS3 available in suzuka but did not know

why Audi were not releasing suzuka on RS3??.

asked if i wanted to change colour again "no".

call back today from stealer, words were "will be more info hopefully update in week 50 but don't hold your breath".

what a joke, the fecking monkeys (Audi UK) don't even know what the organ grinder is doing (Audi Germany).

surely someone somewhere has a production plan or do they just pull orders from a hat and if suzuka RS3 comes out put it to one side for another day or just drop it back in !!

not a word that production had stopped.

seriously considering telling them to stick order as a years wait is taking the pee,

will give it to next update (if it ever happens) or new year, if no news then they can shove my order.

I'm really at a loss to understand why you are still persisting with a purchase of a car that when received will be an old model. I found it difficult enough to understand RS3 purchasing in the 1st place, but with the real potential of picking the car up from a Audi showroom with the newer car version (ok not an RS3) being parked beside the RS3 is well beyond brand loyalty.

We all know cars deprecate the moment you drive off the forecourt, but surely a colour isn't worth the real fact that a further 10% (or £4k odd) deprecation is very, very likely. Add in the ageing that a new model causes an out going model and you might end up with something that you love, but has suffered 40%+ 1st year deprecation.

I accept it's a unique car, but can you accept that unique and an 'old' model isn't going to help with the residuals. Is there nothing new or nearly new on the market that would sway you to dump the order and buy an alternative ?

I'm really at a loss to understand why you are still persisting with a purchase of a car that when received will be an old model. I found it difficult enough to understand RS3 purchasing in the 1st place, but with the real potential of picking the car up from a Audi showroom with the newer car version (ok not an RS3) being parked beside the RS3 is well beyond brand loyalty.

We all know cars deprecate the moment you drive off the forecourt, but surely a colour isn't worth the real fact that a further 10% (or £4k odd) deprecation is very, very likely. Add in the ageing that a new model causes an out going model and you might end up with something that you love, but has suffered 40%+ 1st year deprecation.

I accept it's a unique car, but can you accept that unique and an 'old' model isn't going to help with the residuals. Is there nothing new or nearly new on the market that would sway you to dump the order and buy an alternative ?

understand your points and views Chri5, and they are pretty spot on in a lot of ways, however the RS3 does actually cover what I am looking for,for performance 4WD practicality etc and if you have driven that 5 pot, you might well get the actual attraction from the performance prospective, as for new models and residuals, if I started worrying about those elements, I would never buy a car at all, in all honesty I am seriously consiering looking for something, but as stated previously, unless a Golf was going to be available with that engine,some time soon, dont really see any alternative about

There is plenty of other stuff out there, just get out and look!

Whilst your patience is admirable, personally I wouldn't wait this long for any car, no matter how special or unique, or how well it covered my requirements.

I know you have an aversion to anything Japanese, but you could always go and look, and have a play, or what about a Golf R? very nearly as quick, available, better looking, cheaper!

There is plenty of other stuff out there, just get out and look!

Whilst your patience is admirable, personally I wouldn't wait this long for any car, no matter how special or unique, or how well it covered my requirements.

I know you have an aversion to anything Japanese, but you could always go and look, and have a play, or what about a Golf R? very nearly as quick, available, better looking, cheaper!

Current car, Golf R, Tipex. would be the ideal car with that 2.5 five pot fitted

I have tried all the Japanese stuff, and TBH not for me these days, dont get me wrong nice cars, and excellent value, but not my scene, and in reality there isnt a motor that fits the bill, other than unfortunately the RS3

It seems such a shame they got this so wrong, its almost like they dont want to sell them. With the new A3 being out before likley delivery this would really ruin the experience for me. Hope you get some more useful information ASAP

It is worth bearing in mind that the RS3 has very little in common with standard A3 models. Different engine, different gearbox, different suspension and different driving experience. It has been carefully developed by quattro Gmbh like all RS models.

There are four good reasons to prefer this car to the Golf R:

1. It is considerably faster, not just a bit faster. Most people won't be able to exploit the extra grunt on UK roads.

2. The engine. As Ashley notes above it is an amazing motor. The sound, the torque and the ability to shove you back in your seat when you hit the accelerator in any gear makes this one of the great engines. period.

3. The gearbox. This is Audi's latest DQ500 DCT with 7 speeds and one of the most advanced dual clutch boxes in any car. Shift changes are almost imperceptible in D. The extra gear makes for excellent economy when cruising at high speeds. I don't know of any other car that is more economical when cruising at 90-100 mph.

4. Interior cabin quality. As good as the Golf R is, Audi interiors are in another league.

In summary, the only reason not to like the RS3 is the fact that it is dated. But then so is the Porsche 911. It has remained relatively unchanged for more than 40 years. While the RS3 looks similar to the current A3, under the skin it is full of new tech. That's what counts.

According to Glass's Guide, it has outstanding residual value. And there won't be another A3 to touch it for at least 2-3 years.

Before deciding to buy my RS3, I looked very seriously at the Golf R. It uses a tweaked version of the antiquated VW EA113 engine, not the newer EA888 unit, which is better in many ways. Why? Because it was cheaper to use an existing motor than to develop the newer, more economical engine.

When I drove the Golf R it was quick, but the RS3 simply blitzes it thanks to both its engine and gearbox.

I agree that the Suzuka paint issue is strange. Audi is not in the business of annoying its customers deliberately. There is bound to be a plausible explanation for this. I suspect that it may have something to do with the smaller capacity of the Gyor factory in Hungary where the RS3 and TT are made.

Finally, if i didn't drive an Audi RS3, I would probably drive a second-hand TT-RS or second-hand Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. They're the only things that come close.

It but the RS3 simply blitzes it thanks to both its engine and gearbox.

I agree that the Suzuka paint issue is strange. Audi is not in the business of annoying its customers deliberately. There is bound to be a plausible explanation for this. I suspect that it may have something to do with the smaller capacity of the Gyor factory in Hungary where the RS3 and TT are made. .

Hi tailpipe, welcome to the "willy waving" world of TSN, as so perfectly put by Moschops recently, just a couple of things, any news on the reason for the failure of the DCT box on your car?

Any info on symptoms or type of failure greatly appreciated.

Whilst your comments on the possible cause of Suzuka Grey supplies is taken on board, a brief explanation from Audi AG of the actual reason for the delay would have gone a long way, to placating customers, the stonewalling that is going on,is an utter disgrace IMO, if an organisation the size of VAG, cannot find five minutes to inform customers who have stumped up their hard earned cash, to purchase one of their products, and lets face it, not exactly at the cheaper end of the scale, then they are not worthy of the said customers business, at the end of the day.

They are also making their dealer network in the UK, look like a complete bunch of incompetent idiots, I get the impresion that they have taken the view that the Asian markets are of far more iportance to them, than good old customers in blighty, a view shared by literally everyone in VAG dealers I have spoken to.

Also who buys an RS model? There core bloody enthusiast base in general,I'm sorry where this issue is concerned, I think they have really lost the plot, taken there eye of the ball, what ever way you cut it.