Neighbours

patently

If they persist, you could go have a word with the letting agent or the house owner (if you know them)

We had a right peasant living on our road with a massive super long wheelbase Iveco tyre change van. It was a right pain and his immediate neighbours were always complaining about him. He got worse when his wife left. Anyway, after a few more complaints, his lease came up and the landlord said No - and got in some new (better behaved) people.

We've got a situation very similar to that in our road at the mo. Couple rents the house, keep chickens in the garden, leave the feed out so they've had rat problems. THey're always screaming at each other, have threatened other neighbours when they've asked them to keep it down. Park a 7.5 tonner right on the corner of the cul de sac that blocks half the road, rude kids, etc etc.

Thankfully they're across the road and down a little but I know some of the people near them are tearing their hair out, one even put their house up for sale! They've spoken to the landlord but he doesn't seem massively inclined to do anything about it.

Our neighbours are getting chickens, the first time I see a rat, I'll be shooting the f*cking lot of them.

What posseses people to want to have chickens unless you live on a farm? I've got a feeling it's not allowed in a residential area anyway, so will be checking up later.

There's no problem with Chickens but I believe you're not allowed to keep cockerel's in residential areas. My boss has got 3 chickens and he often bring in eggs to the office as he gets more than he can eat. I like eggs so it means I get about half my eggs free :)

your wife's not Margot is she :grin:

My wife? Christ no, but we do live next door to Margo and Jerry, seriously, I've never met such an old, but young couple.

Their whole house is decorated and furnished like a poor charity shop, the house was built in the 50's, and they've tried to furnish and decorate it in keeping, and let's be honest, the 50's weren't exactly renowned for being fashionable.

They just constantly do stuff in the garden too, they are big gardens, but they have next to no lawn left what with all the flower beds, feeding areas, vege patches etc.

He moved his greenhouse last weekend, from a sunny area to a shady one near our fence, so the chickens can get the sunny bit, I mentioned to him that he'd probably be regularly getting footballs through it, and that it perhaps wasn't the most sensible, or productive area for a greenhouse!