Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanG

MW3 vs BF3

10 posts in this topic

Whilst still enjoying it, am deeply unimpressed by the online game of MW3.

Spawned into games on my own several times, lots of lag, server connection issues.

Plus it's no different to basically a map pack for MW2. Black Ops is as good.

BF2 i have never played before and think it's excellent, particularly the interaction with vehicles, tanks, planes and choppers in the multiple player version.

Their servers are superb too, no issues even on the day of release.

Have you picked up a copy of MW3 yet?

I think that's what the OP was talking about... :coffee:

But yes, it's here, on my desk, waiting to be taken home and played :)

On the PS3 I find BF3 utterly boring.

Are you playing the online game? The single player is pretty dull, but they all are I think.

Online play on BF3 is good, and the big positive are their servers, Infinity Ward servers are struggling today, badly.

I have the same dilemma. I'm leaning towards BF3 for the online play and vehicles.

MW3 maps are small, some really small, plus you don't 'interact' with the scenery, I.e. In BF3, if there is no hole in the wall, you whip out your RPG and make one. MW3 won't even let you break some glass.....

Plus the MW servers are diabolical. Struggle to connect, then lag, failed host migration, loosing connection, server timeout and freezing. Plus it spawns you into the end of a losing game, which then counts for your stats. Not a brilliant experience from something that was built up to be the benchmark.

I thought there was no alternative to MW, but there is it would seem....

Having never played a Battlefield title before and the fact BF3 was touted to have better sounds/visuals and overall better content I bought it last week. Started the campaign and had a few online session, not really got to grips with it yet :(

I bought Modern Warfare and instantly got to grips with it, been playing it ever since.

Riz :)

I totally agree that its easy to pick up, because there is nothing new, it's like MW2 that we used to play...

I have real issues with the servers still. How are they for you?

Stick with BF3, the maps are superb, HUGE and gameplay is better, just takes time to learn.

Also, I've got a new login, Cake_Dan, as my old one was the one I had in the US and I couldn't buy map packs any more etc....

+++

Yes I guess with MW3 its the same formula but it works well, it would be nice if they imported all the old MW1/2 maps especially Rust.

I was having the silly NAT Strict issue again as I did with other games, finally sorted it via opening some ports up on my router via Telnet. Had no problems since.

Is your NAT type causing the problem?

I will try and give BF3 more game time so I can get used to it, sound and graphics are better than MW3 but I've not mastered its playability.

BF3 seems more of a better title when played with mates in a team, teamwork is a big aspect of it when compared to MW3.

Add me on PSN "Rizvan"

Riz :)