Six Months with the E92 M3

Mac

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you may be interested in an update in the running costs on the M3 - see below.

Some comments:

: My mileage is high at about 27k/year

: Holy crap thank funk I don't pay for fuel

: Warranty is included in service costs

: Other includes improvements such as luggage net, alarm upgrade, couple of other bits

: Am very intolerant of anything being wrong, so I tend to get absolutely everything sorted whenever it goes in for service, so my service costs may be slightly elevated.

:All service costs are BMW Main Dealer.

Now the average speed cameras have gone from my usual M25/M4 run, fuel usage has shot up. Overall it's costing about 47p/mile, not including insurance. I don't think that's as bad as it sounds for a car of this nature, it's only really my mileage that's killing it.

M3COSTS.PNG

Imagine for example if you were only doing 12k miles - about 3.5k/pa on fuel?

Edited by Mac

God almighty. Mine is completely the other end of the scale but of course cost per mile on mine must be much more.

Average about £40 a month in fuel but that only takes me about 100 miles. Servicing - did the big one this year for about £900 but that will be it until a small one in 2014 (£300) and then another biger one in 2016. Warranty was about £700 with a £100 excess.

Mine is cheaper motoring but of course it is only doing about 4k miles a year. Sometimes I think that is a waste, but then I drive it for a bit, or wash it, and realise I couldn't care less - I love it!

I'm currently running about even. I tend to go for lower than average miles, and then change after a year when it's near back to average.

Cost me 25k, if I sell for 18k after a year and 27k miles I'll be ok with that but only because the per mile cost is eradicated by my lack of a fuel bill.

I dunno really. If I was that bothered I think with the right choice of car it could be relatively cost neutral, just haven't worked it out in that detail.