Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZURES3

Autoglym Lifeshine

8 posts in this topic

Our new Tiguan in pearl black is due at the dealers next week and as usual they are pushing the Autoglym lifeshine, against peoples advice on TSn i had it applied onthe S3 and I have to say it looked stunning 4 years later, always commented on by colleagues etc.

As we have black and leather again I am thinking of the product but on advice from TSn before I see the pack is on ebay for £10 or less

autoglym lifeshine valet kit pre-PDI | eBay

I am not one for polishing cars as I have very little spare time, if I purchased the product above I presume I would just need to give the car a wash then apply it and ensure I do it before the paint get much grime on it ?

I had it on the A4 Cab as it was due to live outside for winter whilst the garages were built. Cost £299 or something, but, after 4 years the paintwork and interior were perfect.

I actualy think it worked.

VW want £395 to complete the Lifeshine lol

FoC when the R arrived - be niced to your Dealer !!

I dont think they liked giving me 9.5% discount and the 3 year service package for free so want some money back. Looks like a couple of hours work at most to apply the kit ?

For that kind of money, I'd get it properly detailed for about £500, not have some super resin polish applied by a regular car cleaner at the VW garage.

For that kind of money, I'd get it properly detailed for about £500, not have some super resin polish applied by a regular car cleaner at the VW garage.

Ditto, it will probably cost a lot lot less then £500 too, maybe even less then the life shine. I think there is a list of detailer by area on detailing world.

You could get a Swissvax detailer to do an enhancement detail for the same money.

I have used Lifeshine twice before - once applied by a dealer in my ignorance and another time applied by myself.

It is not that durable lasts only a little longer than other durable sealants / waxes.

Save your money and get the car detailed early spring by a proper detailer.