What's the car you would like to own but know you really shouldn't?

Mook

And by this, I don't mean because you couldn't afford it, it'd be environmentally irresponsible or your other half would leave you. I hate the expression, but it's your "guilty secret".

I'd like one of these, purely for the shape, for what Saab used to be, and the fact people would think I'm a dentist.

But I wouldn't buy one.

2008-saab-9-3-convertible-4_460x0w.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like one of these, purely for the shape, for what Saab used to be, and the fact people would think I'm a dentist.

:grin: Over the summer I rented what turned out to be a Saab 93 for a trip down to Cornwall (needed to transport 4 adults in 'comfort'!) - as soon as we arrived the cool surfer dudes looked at the car and asked "who's the dentist?" :roflmao:

See now, I actually would buy one of those Mook, I really like them, and it's on my list of cars to seriously consider when the mrs Polo finally dies.

They are an absolute bargain now, and the turbo ones shift ok, even if the handling isn't anything to write home about.

This....If I can find the right one. They are my favourite all time car......Well strictly speaking its the racing version but I ain't never gonna get one of those (too rare, too expensive).

I think you've missed the point on this one - I reckon everyone would like one of those!

Mine would have to be something like an EVO VI with all the trickery. Chap at work had a modified EVO V and I don't recall in being in anything as fast as that - nothing. Or maybe the front section of an articulated truck - a massive Scania or something.

Stealth :D

Aye, and stripped out, it can't weigh much!

On another tenuously related note, I read about the old Peugeot 205 Rallye the other day, not many left granted, but they are cheap, and they are seriously light, like 790 kg light, before you start disposing of superfluous bits, and the revvy little 1.3 could easily be replaced with something more modern and potent, it has the 1.6 GTi suspension and brakes as standard, and the little 205 was probably the best handling hot hatch of it's time!

Mine, though not too much of a secret, would have to be some kind of Fast and Furious mobile. Maybe a Toyota Supra with all the bells and dump valve whistles. I like the idea of the silliness of it all, as well as they would be quite bloomin' quick. But I couldn't take the teenage boys jizzing all over it and everyone else laughing and pointing. :oneseries: style

attachment.php?attachmentid=45168&d=1322658108

The closest I think I could get is a Skyline, but as inconspicuous as possible (maybe no neons :grin: )

attachment.php?attachmentid=45167&d=1322658098

post-9291-137914477084_thumb.jpg

post-9291-13791447708_thumb.jpg

Can I change my mind? I'm with Hoots - saw loads of them in California and thought they were really nice looking. Actually, there are a few nice Yank cars about (to look at at least).

Hoots?

My tits are getting smaller thanks very much :grin:

Yep, a lot of car for £22k. Still don't think I could bring myself to do it though.