Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZURES3

VW Quality Control! !

6 posts in this topic

We had our first long motorway journey in the Tiguan yesterday, odd droning noise from the tyres. When we got to our destination I checked the tyres. They are directional tyres with the Word OUTSIDE stamped on the outer edge BUT the front left and rear right have the word INSIDE stamped on them, so they are in effect running backwards!

We have only covered 300 miles on them and they are getting swapped back round on Wednesday have been warned they will now wear faster?

No idea about wearing faster, but you need to give the garage a good bollocking - that should have been picked up in the PDI.

See if you can get something put of them (free service or something) in compensation for being mucked around androgyne inconvenience.

There's little worse than an androgyne inconvenience.

A unisex loo that doesn't work.

That's bad - ask for replacement tyres, as they've been fecked by the reverse action.............

They'll have been fitted at the factory too?

If it's genuine fact that they are 'damaged' by being fitted the wrong way round then I would be wanting new ones.

My money goes on them fecking the rims when they change them round as well.

The tyres are not directional they are asymmetrical if they have INSIDE and OUTSIDE stamped on them. You will have done no damage on them by having them round the wrong way. Think about it, the drivers side tyre goes clockwise and the passender side tyre goes anticlockwise so one is rotating the reverse of the other.

It's just that the performance of the tyre would be reduced

I would still give the garage a bollocking though for not picking up a key safety area when they checked the tyre pressures :-)

The inside edge of the tyre tends not to have any branding or info on it so it is quite obvious if they looked