Question about buying car insurance for new driver

chrisnee

I just bought a VW Golf (59 Reg) and am buying annual insurance now, I am 28 years old living in London and got my full license 6 months ago. Almost all the quotes are around £3000, but only with Admiral it is around £1500. I was quite surprised and worried if there is any potential problem with Admiral's insurance.

Does anybody know roughly the reasonable annual price for my case and if Admiral is a reliable company (I don't know why it is much cheaper than others, I would like to have a cheap insurance but I am worried there will be risks).

Many thanks.

I'm with Admiral too and no problem at all, they're one of the bigger companies. I would say though if the difference is that great check thoroughly all of the details they've got recorded, they could have mucked something up like passed your test 6 years ago rather than 6 months etc...

am currently with admiral, for some reason they seem really good for me. this was the case when i switched from bell (which are underwritten by admiral iirc) at renewal time on a a3 1.8t to recently when swapping over the policy to a rb5.

when i did fake insurance quotes to test the water to see how much it cost to insure a rb5, none of the specalists insurers (a plan etc) couldn't come anywhere close to admiral's quote, even when telling admiral that its a WR sport.

if they're offering to insure you for half of what anyone else is offering and all the details are correct, then bite their hand off for it! :)