Nothing handles like a rental - EV adventure

theduisbergkid

If you want something enough you can find a way to justify it. I once had a mate who argued that a 1986 Porsche 911 would be the perfect family car because you can fit a stroller in it and it might do 30+ MPG on a Motorway. I believed him. His missus didn’t. He bought it anyway. I’m convinced that, actually, Environ-mentalists often think just the same as us when it comes to justifying their choice of transport. They’re convinced that electric vehicles are the cat’s cojones, even if you might want something that handles well, looks cool, and can handle the Col de Turini. These were, coincidentally, my exact requirements as I flew down to Monaco and picked up a rental car with a difference.

The Estrima Birò is a tiny, 2 seat, battery powered vehicle that can be hired from this place by the hour. There were a couple of obstacles between me and the Col de Turini. The first one was the hefty deposit required by the rental company (had s2b2’s reputation preceded me ?) and the second was the 50km “on flat roads” range.

Clicky here for the full story and pics.

Estrima-biro-front.jpg

Got to say I was a little disappointed by that one, it was building up nicely, I very nearly spat my mouthful of water out over my laptop at one point, but after the build up it all ended very suddenly, like a 13 year olds first dirty dream.