New 635d Sport Coupe owner a ? re Navigation Sytem Professional auto zoom @ junctions

SpiderMacK

Hi there,

I took delivery of my 635d Sport Coupe on Friday. It's a March 2009 with just 14K on the clock & in mint condition. Prod date is 2008-12-17

Absolutely amazing, it's incredible, OK I love it. Pics will follow. I've owned a few Gti's & a TTS. The TTS was beautiful inside however the 635D is in a different league

It's got many extras including the Navigation System Professional + DAB Radio + BMW Teleservices + Control Teleservices + BMW Assist + BMW Online + much more

I have listed just some of the SATNAV equipment as I have a question.

The Electronics appear to be in ahead of the TTS technology appart from one thing, well two.

1) It doesn't appear to be possible to get the map on the satnav to auto zoom into junctions when I approach them.

2) A countdown to junction bar doesnt appear to the screen to indicate that I am getting closer to a turn off, exit, etc.

The SATNAV indicates the data DVD used in the vehicle is "Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2008-02"

When the dealer updates teh SATNAV unit + it's software to the latest version (which apparently takes over 4 hours to do) do you think it will allow me to do this OR is there a setting on the NAV I can change now OR is this not possible ?

Someone metioned about a difference between CIC vs CCC NAV.

Happy Christmas and Santa's been good to me :-)

Hi thanks for reply & first Happy Christmas

So am I correct in thinking you had :

The LH side just of the screen zoomed in as close as possible (and you just left that way) & at the RH side simplified text directions ?

I didn't see any countdown bars on my screen however maybe they aint to big or I missed them.

Do they appear on the LH side zoomed in map or RH side simplfied text directions?

Finally so there is no autozoom function, you just have to manualy zoom in or leave zoomed in as close as possible?

Thanks again :-)

Well it's certainly a Happy Christmas today.

I had the left hand window showing fairly zoomed out and the right hand would then show the simplified view of the next direction such as a right turn or 3rd exit on a roundabout etc. it also said how far it was until you needed to turn right at the same time.

Success thanks so much with your help

So in summary - Create a journey and start

Then in split view with the map on left - using the contoller - push/tilt the contoller to the right, then push down on the controller - within the settings change to to "arrow view".

The LH screen now displays a MAP, the left arrows as perr your pic above

Please note - the "arrow view" option is grey'd out until you have an active NAV journey (that caught me out)