In mty 635d can I have a CD changer & also be able to connect /control an IPOD ?

SpiderMacK

In my 635d sport coupe the glove box has a BMW CD changer. There is also a USB socket there.

The armrest has a iPone 4 snap in adapter to allow me to use the cars aerial with my iphone 4.

In the armrest below the phone there is another compartment with a socket (jack socket) labelled "aux in". There is not a USB connection there.

In addition to my iphone I have a IPOD harddrive.

I spoke to my local dealer who said if I want to be able to control an IPOD via the iDrive then they will have to remove the CD changer.

Page 163 of my manual appears to indicate it is possible to have a USB and jack interface in the armrest.

Does anyone know if it is possible be able to have both i.e. a CD changer & also be able to connect /control an IPOD ?

Thanks for help

My car is pre-LCI.

It came with6 cd drive. I bought the kit from the dealer for IPOD control. It is a 5min change to plug in the IPOD stuff instead of 6cd. But uses same connector so is either or.

There is the dension gateway 500, which allows you to do either. I have the 300 in my leon. It solves the problem of no IPOD, but has a few bugs and sometimes crashes.

If it was money (again) I would buy the BMW IPOD thing and loose the CD.

I have not missed not having a CD changer (I still have the single slot in the dash - but have only used that once or twice in about 3 yrs.