Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sidicks

A few questions on the Audi Q5...

11 posts in this topic

My sister is considering a Q5 and has asked me for some help.

1) I believe there is a facelifted version scheduled later this year, does anyone know more details??

2) I recall there used to be long waiting lists for these cars - is that still the case?

3) What sort of discount might be obtained on a new car (basic 2.0TDi)?

Thanks

:)

Sidicks

1. Not sure

2. My experience of ordering VAGs via our fleet people is that even relatively common stuff like Golf / Passat / A3 / A4 TDIs are on anything up to an 8 month lead time.

3. Drivethedeal suggest a £2.5k discount on a basic Q5 TDI.

Edited by Twinspark

Hi Sidicks

I have recently been pondering a purchase myself of a Q5.

1) I believe there is a facelifted version scheduled later this year, does anyone know more details?? I was told that a facelift is due this year by a dealership and postive i also read in a car mag. Not sure though of actual date.

2) I recall there used to be long waiting lists for these cars - is that still the case? Unable to help with this, i was looking at stock for a good discount or lightly used.

3) What sort of discount might be obtained on a new car (basic 2.0TDi)? Again unsure butwould imagine if a facelift is due a deal would be able to be had at the right time of the month. I did get offered about 6 months ago a demo with less than a thousand miles, SE 170 TD for less than 29K.

SiT

If you actually want it to be capable of any 4WD type stuff, buy something else...

mkQ5yBnS4SU

Holy misleading Garcon :P

Why not buy a chav chariot like a Suburu for half the price? Cos you know they're obviously the same thing right, just a different badge and less money...?

Audi hating is just utterly boring now, can't you give it a rest...?

I'd forgotten I'd posted that here too. There's another thread discussing the vid, quite enlightening as it turns out.

My Audi hating is only as boring to you as your inevitable chav chariot response is to me.

It all depends what you want in a car - if you need some basic off road ability then there are a couple of Subarus that are more capable off road than all the soft roader offerings from Audi, BMW, Volvo and the rest. But if that's not a primary concern then there's all kinds of reasons to choose (or not) one of the others.

I thought the video was mildly amusing. No more, no less. The truth is, if you want any degree of off-road ability you should steer clear of all the soft roaders and by a proper 4x4.

It's quite obvious that the Audi is being driven by an idiot without a clue in that clip.

My Audi hating is only as boring to you as your inevitable chav chariot response is to me.

Took a while, but you got there. Both utterly stupid points of view.