ATF Multitronic Oil

thebrickcounter

Am I doomed!

I have a 2.0T FSI multitronic A4.

Apart from a few minor problems, the car is running fine incl the gearbox.

I bought the car from Motorhouse Cannock (not AUDI Dealer) at 45k miles.

The previous longlife service was at 28k by AUDI.

I asked for a full service, MOT and Warranty for 12 months and paid them for this.

I have a letter from Motorhouse stating they have fully serviced the car in accordance with Audi specification at the 45K mileage.

My gripe is that if they did in accordance with Audi then they should have changed the ATF Oil.

I also got an external warranty from them too for the past 12 months.

My issue is however I have no proof that they changes the ATF oil, and I suspect they didn't.

I am getting it changed next week, but does this mean that the warranty I have would exclude the gearbox that they sold me. I suspect so??

I don't have any probs I believe with the gearbox, however I want to be ready should I have a problem and I have to go to the warranty they supplied. After all they sold me a warranty on a car they serviced last and maybe will exclude the gearbox!!

Thanks for any pointers.

My issue is however I have no proof that they changes the ATF oil, and I suspect they didn't.

I am getting it changed next week, but does this mean that the warranty I have would exclude the gearbox that they sold me. I suspect so??

I don't have any probs I believe with the gearbox, however I want to be ready should I have a problem and I have to go to the warranty they supplied. After all they sold me a warranty on a car they serviced last and maybe will exclude the gearbox!!

Thanks for any pointers.

I dont understand what you're getting at... Are you saying that them not doing the oilchange will invalidate the warranty or you changing the oil will invalidate it? If the latter how the hell are they going to know you've changed the gearbox oil. If the first you have it in writing they serviced the car to Audi's spec. You seem to be worrying about nothing seeing as you are changing the oil, either way you can prove the oil change.

In the book when it was serviced when bought at approx 45,000 miles they have not ticked confirming they have changed the ATF oil. They confirm in a letter that an engine oil and filter service was carried out only in accordance with audi spec.

I've had the ATF oil changed today, at a cost of £150, at 59,000 miles however as it looks like it wasn't changed at Audi's interval i.e 40,000 miles, that should I ever have a warranty claim on the gearbox, the warranty company (presently warranty direct) will probably say that because it wasnt changed at 40,000 miles they will not pay out.

I'm not wanting to invent a potential problem, but I have recently read alot about multitronic gearboxes and problems requiring over £4k in cash to sort!!