Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maersk

Insurance Query

6 posts in this topic

What are the implications of not garaging the car occasionally despite stating to insurance company that the car is normally garaged at night?

I appreciate the word normally is important here. If away from home then the risk is covered 'on the street' as it were but what about at home?

If you empty the loft into the garage for sorting before binning for instance, or decorating lounge and putting furniture in the garage for say, a week?

Thanks

My experience - it's cheaper to declare your cards parked on the drive than it is to insure it in a garage!

My experience - it's cheaper to declare your cards parked on the drive than it is to insure it in a garage!

This year i enquired. They offered me a saving of 14p to garage my car! Whoopee dooo.

Most recent quote was £35 CHEAPER on the drive than in the garage!!!!!!

When I moved I reported the fact and the chap asked if I still put the car in the garage - I explained that at that time the garage was full of boxes! That I would try and clear it within the next month, he explained that they assume the car would be garaged overnight at least 51% of the time - which makes this quite flexible! I was shocked to be honest!

I think also the 14p reduction says something about the postcode you live in (maybe) my postcode turned out to be really better than the old one so again it wasnt much difference in using the garage or not.

After having my car ransacked by some little feckers many years ago I just prefer to garage my car, so whatever the saving is its something back..

Tone