Audi A8 (D3, 2005) Water Ingress

toneee

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I have just noticed. I think I know what the problem is but not how to sort it out.

I have an Audi A8 D3 2005 with a water issue, I think the water is coming in through the air vents in the footwells, under the dash (hope that makes sense) This only happens when i corner. So I think the problem is blocked drainage holes in engine bay. The part that is right under the windscreen, that is covered by 2 plastic grills with the air filter in the middle. I have taken the plastic grills off and hoovered out all of the debris that was in there (carless previous owner, lots and lots of pine needles and muck) also I have hoovered out the standing water that was in there too, was about an inch deep int he middle. (see pic below)

post-49921-137914478694_thumb.jpg

I have tried to clean this area out as best possible without taking all the bits out, but for the life of me I can't see any drain holes. Can anyone show me where they are or have a picture? Do I need to remove the air inlet to get to them, if so are there any instructions?

I think that the last lot of snow just sat on there and melted in and couldn't drain away.

Thats issue 1, which has lead onto issue 2.

Its been -15 here over the last couple of days and I was a little concerned over the fact I had ice forming on the inside of the windows and had to scrape and then wipe away, after a little more digging i noticed that not only were my floor mats frozen solid, the carpet underneath was too. Very shocked by this. So I guess my next question is how did all that moisture get in? and How do i get it out? Before i noticed how bad the problem was I bought some silica gel (Little hard crystals you get with electronics to keep moisture out) and placed a bit bag in the car, but I now thing this is going to be a bigger issue. Whats the best method of fixing the water ingress, where does it come from? Is the best way to get the moisture out a dehumidifier?

I hope someone can help as I am quite shocked that this happens with what was a 50k+ car 6 years ago...

T:(neee