Very expensive :(

Chillihead

This affected quite a few Mrk I TT owners when they put hte roof down with stuff in the way.

Since those days there are companies which now do just the screens .... but don't tell you people ;)

I thought that may be the case, very poor design. Still the warranty definately covers it, good news. I was just going to have it reproofed anyway. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought my A4 Cab (B7, 2.0 petrol) last March, and straight away noticed that some of the demister bars didn't work.

After a long argument with the dealer, and with intervention from Audi Customer Services, they reluctantly agreed to replace the whole roof. Like you say, you can't just replace the glass - it is one item.

Then, just before the warranty expired, I realised it wasn't working again. Back it went, and eventually ANOTHER new roof was put on, this time under the Audi Parts Guarantee of the first replacement roof.

Just hope this one lasts a bit longer, as I wouldn't want to pay for it myself :(

Apart from that - I just LOVE the car, even though I only get about 23MPG from it day-to-day, and get through 1 litre of oil every 2k miles or so.