Parking Sensors Going Crazy

_Tone_

Hi All

Just started getting some strange beeps off the rear factory fitted parking sensors, I get a long beep follwed by two short ones and then a long one again (yeah I had to think about it too) whils the car is still in Audi warranty I'm hoping these are covered!

Anyone got any ideas why this happens?

I've done some googling and saw removal of a fuse (17) may reset them, but the problem is intermittent.

Cheers

Tone

That sounds like what happened on my car during the warranty period, twice! Both times due to one of the sensors packing up. Both times repaired by Dealer free of charge. When they packed up again after warranty up I replaced the faulty sensor myself. £38 from Ebay, 2 hours work, quote from Dealer £290!

I had similar with a rear A4 parking sensor - no warranty claim unfortunately. Cost was about £200 supplied/fitted (minor painting to match the bumper too). The fault was intermittent at first and became more frequent over some weeks. Got very irritating indeed......

• 1 month later...

Well finally the car went in for a service and they looked at the sensors and said they were aftermarket - not factory fitted.

Also the speaker was placed under the rear seat (the audio feedback was very quiet) and that was the wrong place - should have been under rear shelf.

Anyway they decided to replace all of them and relocate the said speaker - the bill was 475quid but sales (in Northampton Audi) covered it, which was good - so they are working again.

I just got my 2nd year warranty renewal through - just over 1000 pounds - but its saved my 2k just this year so its going to have to be had - now however as its run by Mondial you can pay monthly and I'll add a 100 excess to reduce it I guess..

Thanks for your feedback chaps - appreciated.