Decisions, decisions

A8_Tony

Hi guys, long time no see. It's been an interesting time for me over the past few years regarding Audi ownership. But that (they?) is another story :)Right now, I'm looking at making another purchase, and I am feeling a little undecided.Options are:C6 A6:2.0 TDi - although I feel it's significantly underpowered for the size of car2.7 TDi - A nice compromise (it seems) between 2.0 and 3.0 territory3.0 TDi - Need I say more? Power and capability in a lovely A6 shaped package.Then there's the heart, pointing me in the direction of.........A 3.0 TDi A8!!! How on earth did you not expect to see that one coming?!?!?!?:eek:I'm looking for a car with all the toys (seems like mission impossible with the A6's I have to say)Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Electric seats, dual zone climate (yeah try finding that combination on auto trader in an A6!!)Having browsed the 'net over the past few weeks I'm also liking the 2009 face-lifted A6's with HDD nav. Is it possible to retro fit this into An older A6?Budget? £8-12k, but would like to get the most car for the least money....who doesn't? :)I''m also not averse to LPG, but having sat down and worked out some calculations recently based upon a 2.8 A8 with LPG, I found that it was only returning about 14MPG :eek: not great, and meaning that over 15k miles it saved approx £600. This is great if it's already fitted, but if it's not it's gonna take 60k to give me a return on that investment...that's assuming some government TW@T doesn't decide to tax the sh1te out of LPG any time soon :Slap:

Hey!!!

Who are you again? :grin:

I am not sure about you getting a 2009 A6 for £12K. My mates 57 reg 3.0 TDi Le Mans cost about £14K a year ago. A fine drive though.

MPG wise, the 2.7 TDi quattro manual will give you 50 on a cruise. IFFFF you can find a decent manual 3.0 TDi, you'd get 45. Auto jobs 3 or 4 mpg less (according to the figures).

Personally - I'd go for the A8 3.0 TDi (with that budget) and get it remapped to 270+ and Table Mountain style torque. (or the 4.2 TDi.......!!!)

I wouldn't bother with the 2.0 TDi (even the newer Common Rail one), it makes a noise as opposed to the much smoother V6 TDi. But that is just me.

Good luck with your search. Let us know!

Oh there's no need for that ;-) Lol

My passion, as you know, leads me gently by the nose towards the A8. But there's an element of sensibility, that keeps drawing me back to the A6.

But there are some well priced '8's out there that could be quickly purchased. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk