MacBook Pro - Immaculate with AppleCare till June 2014!

If it has AppleCare why are you offering additional warranty? It's confusing:

It has AppleCare support which lasts until June 30th 2014!! So you are fully covered by this warranty until then. The AppleCare is usable anywhere in the world.

3fe93852864f1263881891b09521fad575715ca1ec.jpg

Who is this additional warranty through? Or are you suggesting that if you want the AppleCare you have to pay extra?

The warranty thing is nothing to do with me. It's added in by ebay, the seller gains no money from it.

It's a bit ****ing stupid really. Particularly as it already comes with an extended warranty.

P.S. Mac, I didn't like the cross examination feel to your post. You shouldn't have assumed I was attempting to do anything sinister with regard to what you posted.

Edited by tom_hargreaves

P.S. Mac, I didn't like the cross examination feel to your post. You shouldn't have assumed I was attempting to do anything sinister with regard to what you posted.

Eh? I was just asking, you're reading it wrong. I'd not seen it before that's all, so couldn't work out if you'd added it or not. Nothing sinister about that.

...and, for what it's worth, I was looking at this as I need another test bitch. But now, I'll just order from the Apple Business like I was about to :P

Edited by Mac

Well I'm not just saying this and Mac knows I'll buy Apple kit off here - but that response has just counted me out as a buyer too. In fact I find it a weird response and it puts me off as a buyer straight away. I don't see how he was implying anything sinister but the mere fact you've said that puts me on guard. We need a new Mac right now for our eldest and we'd be off to the Apple store tomorrow but when I saw this I thought "Oooo". But not now, feck it with that sort of attitude to a reasonable question.

How the hell he was implying you were doing anything sinister I'll never know. His post was actually very informative because I didn't know eBay did that warranty thing.

​SOLD.

You might not have meant it Mac, but that's just how your post came across to me.

You jumped straight at it with "If it's got AppleCare then why are you offering additional warranty? It's confusing". It's not like I did it on purpose to deliberately confuse people, which is what your post sort of suggested. You could have just asked the simple question and allowed me to clarify rather than the above with the full print screen job. I wouldn't have worded it like you did that's for sure.

Like I said, that's just how it came across. One of the disadvantages of a forum.

Edited by tom_hargreaves

You jumped straight at it with "If it's got AppleCare then why are you offering additional warranty? It's confusing"

It is confusing. Ad states warranty included, and yet top of add says warranty is an additional cost. Pic was to show what I meant. My guess is you read it in an angry voice :P

I can kinda see both sides here, Mac could have worded his post a bit more subtly, but it was a genuine question.

100 lines each, "I must be careful how I word or read Internet posts" on my desk by the end of lunchtime please.

But Sir, you said I shouldn't write on your desk again :confused: :P

For Sale threads should be left well alone, IMO, unless the person posting is genuinely interested in purchasing the item. All other bollocks posted should be removed by a mod. It works well in other places I use, the mods keep the threads free from stupid comments and GLWTS spamming.

Questioning the buyer and screenshatting the eBay ad does smack of trying too hard to get a point across. Doesn't help with others jumping on the bandwagon and to then say I'm not going to buy it either just looks terribly petty.

The joys of buying and selling on the internetz.

For Sale threads should be left well alone, IMO, unless the person posting is genuinely interested in purchasing the item.

Completely agree, I don't think trashing someone's FS thread is fair play. I was interested in this until I saw the seller's reply, and it completely and utterly put me off.

Doesn't help with others jumping on the bandwagon and to then say I'm not going to buy it either just looks terribly petty.

Good to see you're still a total tosser. If you can tell me anything else that irritates the feck out of you, I'll do my utmost to do more of it.

The fact is I was interested, until I saw the response. Fact, not fiction. Plus, if I want to support the stance of someone else on here, I'll do so without worrying about the likelihood of your much more petty responses than mine.

p.s. I've noticed a trend - you're much more likely to post when you see an opportunity to have a dig at my posts. It's sunny out you know, go and try it, it might brighten up that sad little dark hole you frequent.

p.p.s. If you want a definition of 'petty' then I suggest you go and have a look for a post that someone put their time into in order to have a dig at a user who was looking for a TV. The user went to great lengths to pick through anothers post and then post a fictional and supposedly humorous interpretation of it. I think you'll find it just about nails 'petty' on the head.+++

Edited by MrMe

Good to see you're still a total tosser. If you can tell me anything else that irritates the feck out of you, I'll do my utmost to do more of it.

The fact is I was interested, until I saw the response. Fact, not fiction. Plus, if I want to support the stance of someone else on here, I'll do so without worrying about the likelihood of your much more petty responses than mine.

p.s. I've noticed a trend - you're much more likely to post when you see an opportunity to have a dig at my posts. It's sunny out you know, go and try it, it might brighten up that sad little dark hole you frequent.

p.p.s. If you want a definition of 'petty' then I suggest you go and have a look for a post that someone put their time into in order to have a dig at a user who was looking for a TV. The user went to great lengths to pick through anothers post and then post a fictional and supposedly humorous interpretation of it. I think you'll find it just about nails 'petty' on the head.+++

Wow. Bite? A bit? Nice post though. Bit of name calling, bit of digging up history, I can almost sense a flounce coming on... I would however have appreciated a little more effort with some multi quoting and more thorough responses to the points. Still, can't have everything these days.

FYI, I didn't set out to have a 'dig' at you per se, I would have posted the same regardless had it been anyone else. It's the way I saw it and I thought the seller was being unfairly persecuted. You just happened to be here, as usual.

As for trends, next time can I have some sort of chart or graph to go with the stats? I do like charts.

Didn't like the big dog thread huh? Damn. Now that is a shame, I'll try not to let it keep me awake tonight though. +++

p.s. I get 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays with the option to buy or sell up to five days as well. I bought five this year, just in case you were interested. :)

MWAH.

Well I feel my comments were beneficial to the thread, and I only posted silly stuff once the item had been sold and the thread was redundant.

I also think Macs question was a genuine one, that could perhaps have been worded better.

Agree on both points.