Water where it shouldnt be!

drumstick

Hello. ive just found that the carpets in my C5 were soaking. this is only on the near side of the car (front and rear).

the carpet running down from the thresholds are dry. and there are no signs of water coming in around any of the door seals.

i have checked under the car for any missing grommets and drew a blank there too. i then looked under the battery cover

and found a small swimming pool. is it possible that the water is getting in from there through the bulkhead and running down through the car

across the floor. i have dried it out now, but am concerned about it happening again. are there drain holes in there that are blocked?

any feed back would be great

mat

Had this on my (then) brand new C5 A6. Turned out to be a cracked battery cover allowing water in. I also think the pollen filters are located there and that is a common cause of the problem if they are not fitter correctly. Also check all of the drain holes in and around the battery and cover area are clear as that may be the cause of the water having to find somewhere to go