Any interest in a summer meet?

Mac

Dates for summer meet (choose any which you can make)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Dates for summer meet (choose any which you can make)

• 10/11/12 August
    • 17/18/19 August

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be there irrespective of where this is held.

Buxton is OK, but the surrounding roads are not the best for driving these days as there are alot of 50mph limits and very busy in the summer. I have been for the last 5 years with Zroadster/ZedCars and am attending another 3 day meet there at the end of May.

A mixture of driving and social sounds great.

If any assistance with organistion is needed then let me know.

First we need to choose a date - June/July/August

Then location - somewhere central'ish in the UK so I guess somewhere around the Yorkshire/Derbyshire area - those close to that area are the best to advise.

We won't be able to please everyone with date & location but if we can get a good consensus that would be ideal.

I would reckon August would give the most notice, most chance of everyone making it, more chance to organise and the kids will be off school, which will mean fathers might be more likely to get a weekend pass out :)

15/22/29 June weekends wouldn't be wise as they clash with three motoring events that I expect some members would want to attend. Le Mans, GTI International and Goodwood FOS.

10/11/12 August for me, I think.

We stayed in the area last year for a couple of days on a walking break - got a stupidly cheap deal here:

Peak District hotels with leisure club facilities, cheap spa hotels Peak District National Park, Peak District hotel accommodation near Manchester Airport

Not the last word in luxury hotels - but decent enough, good leisure facilities and excellent food.

Given how far it is for us to travel up (not complaining, I realise it's central for most), then tying it in with S2B2's 18-30 event at the end of August would mean I'll probably attend, whereas I probably won't otherwise, as two trips that far north will just be too much effort.

June is also definitely out as hopefully I'll be in France.

Therefore I would suggest the weekend immediately prior to the 20/21 August, pref the Sunday.