Audi AMI 3.5mm Cable

Hi Craig,

You know what... the idea to use a search engine never entered my head, or ebay in fact. It's a wonder how I have managed to work in an IT architect role for over 10 years eh? :P

Anyway, (as I'm sure you are more than aware), information from Audi dealers on AMI hardware can't be trusted to be correct.

Given the ebay advert that you kindly posted (and of course I've never seen before because I didn't think to search myself), states...

"Designed to fit 2009 and up A4 or S4 with AMI (Audi Music Interface) A3 A4 A5 A6 A6 A8 TT Q5 Q7 R8

Compatible with Audi MMI 3rd Generation"

...my main question was whether this cable will work with a 2005 MMI 2G system, or is the advert incorrect?

Thanks for you unique wisdom +++

Tony

As suspected - Boston Audi don't have any information on whether that cable would work on a 2005 model, or whether it's for MMI 2G or 3G or both. They have however, kindly offered to get one in for me to try before buying.

Oh - and my 3 year old daughter just dropped me a text after seeing this thread, suggesting I try using a site called Google? She's pretty good with Audi retrofitting too. She managed to install my AMI system at only 2 years old... it's obviously child's play :grin:

...and I've been in IT overall for about 22 years (only architect for the last 10). Totally agree with the comments about kids who think they know it all, though I haven't seen many who are Cisco CCIE certified.

I will of course update this thread next week when I'm in a position to verify whether the cable works or not (just for the benefit of those who can be bothered to use search facilities).