Andy_Bangle

New pants please

830 posts in this topic

Can someone explain if the near side front tyre explodes why the truck goes down on the opposite side?

I got the fright of my life in France in the summer, we were on one of the auto routes doing an 'appropriate speed' when I noticed a wheel on the lorry that I was just about to move past start chucking out loads of smoke, I had a subconsious inkling of what was about to happen and held back just as the tyre went pop, have to be honest it scared the sh!t out of me for a few seconds and the lorry fishtailed exactly where I would have been, he got it under control and pulled over and we went on our way, all over in less than 10 seconds but change of pants needed :eek:

I got the fright of my life in France in the summer, we were on one of the auto routes doing an 'appropriate speed' when I noticed a wheel on the lorry that I was just about to move past start chucking out loads of smoke, I had a subconsious inkling of what was about to happen and held back just as the tyre went pop, have to be honest it scared the sh!t out of me for a few seconds and the lorry fishtailed exactly where I would have been, he got it under control and pulled over and we went on our way, all over in less than 10 seconds but change of pants needed :eek:

That helps make a good driver, as you saw it and knew what was going to happen.

Foresight. +++

I was going to make a Jewish joke then but decided against it in the current climate :uhoh:

The car driver threads the needle beautifully there

Took a hit on both sides, but I think that was the best outcome you could have hoped for in that situation.

Should have ducked and gone under, James Bond would have done that :coffee:

Imagine that there's a snowstorm going on outside with visibility limited to 30 feet or less and you're driving a large truck; what do you do?

Well, we would like to think that in this scenario, most people would pull over to the side and cross their fingers that other motorists do the same, but that's not the case with this driver who is featured in the dashcam video.

Instead of making the wise move, he continues forward travelling at speeds that clearly do not fit the road and weather conditions...

That tyre hitting the door would have made you jump, Christ. 4 crew dead I heard. I haven't shown to the other half. Must have been horrendous.

Wow ! Amazing there weren't more fatalities.

Anyone for a spot of aquaplaning?

Wooah. The third car really did have a big one. Think I'll be driving a little slower coming out of tunnels for a few days.

That truck was very lucky he didn't go straight over the edge.

Anyone for a spot of aquaplaning?

That video has had 11.7m views in the last 12 months :eek:

:roflmao:

Cars are fine, Mook. Just the idiots operating them. I guessed the rope would break... near enough :grin:

Given how he's taking a run up and yanking the rope, I suspected something along those lines, although I was thinking along the broken rope whipping someone line.

Always always take up the tension first, never do that!

Always always take up the tension first, never do that!

Unless you've got one of those bungee-type recovery cords. Which they hadn't.