Euro Disney hotel recommendations

Tipex

As the title really, can anyone recommend a hotel within sensible distance of Euro Disney Paris, for a family of 5 (kids being 4, 2 and 6 months).

I don't want to pay Disney prices, we are getting two tickets free as Sky TV customers, so just the two kids to pay for.

Undecided whether to drive or Eurostar it yet, so hotels recommendations for both options will be appreciated.

Looking for something cheap but clean and not to far away.

Thomas Cook Explorers or the Dream Castle. About 5-10 mins free bus away from the park. Stayed in Explorers twice, no issues, good sized family rooms, breakfast to stuff yourself on, evening food is a bit **** and expensive though IMO. Think we paid £60 for our room.

Theres another good one, cheaper, a little further out we used for one night but I can't remember what it was called. :confused:

It's cold and shite and free for a reason. Go to Florida.

Believe me, that's where we'd rather be going, but as a short break for a couple of days, I think we'll stick with the Paris one, despite my general dislike for all things French, it also means no long haul flight with 3 kids to entertain.

Once all three are old enough to appreciate it, then we'll go to Florida.

Looking to go mid June, so hopefully won't be cold, and won't be full of school kids, checked both UK and French holiday dates!

Thomas Cook Explorers or the Dream Castle. About 5-10 mins free bus away from the park. Stayed in Explorers twice, no issues, good sized family rooms, breakfast to stuff yourself on, evening food is a bit **** and expensive though IMO. Think we paid £60 for our room.

Theres another good one, cheaper, a little further out we used for one night but I can't remember what it was called. :confused:

If you remember let me know, will look at the Explorers, sister just taken redundancy from Thomas Cook!!

Just googled the Dream Castle, they can only accommodate us between two rooms, which means it's 3 times the price of the Explorers.

Have to say, the Explorers is looking best so far, reasonable prices and lots for the kids to do (swimming pools etc) on the days we aren't in Disney.

Keep the recommendations coming though, I'll not be booking up for a couple of weeks.

a friend says she stayed here :

[h=1]Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien[/h]they did drive to disney too, but did say novotel are basic, was clean but don't be expecting 5 star ... ie travelodge type accomodation. I think if you did a search for hotels in the Marne la Vallee region you can probably jump on a bus to get into the disney parks and should be a little cheaper as not right on site.

We are hoping to take the 3 and 6 year old some time this year as they will love it, personally I can't wait to watch the princess parade +++

Is one day for the two parks enough? I was thinking I'd book 3 nights, so we get two full days in the park.

Explorers is still looking favourite at the mo, I don't mind paying a little extra for the facilities like the pool etc.

If we only do 2 nights then a Novotel will be fine.

One day is not enough. Minimum of two IMO to get the best out of both sides. Depends how busy it is for queue times. We went a couple of weeks ago, no school hols, on a Friday and there was still at least 30mins queue time on certain rides.

It felt like a massive rush to try and do both in a day and get the best out of them.

We stayed at the Explorer (taking advantage of the wifes nice Thomas Crook discounts) the first time we went and thought it was good value really. Only nightmare was as its a bit of a bus ride from the park, coming back when everyone's leaving the park at the same time, the buses were always rammed which ain't too much fun with all the kids, bags, pushchairs etc! Took the Eurostar that time which goes straight to the Park Gates which is good, not cheap thou if I remember (Again we had a nice discount through her work so didnt matter to us)

Second time we went we drove which is no problem unless you get a puncture first thing in the morning before setting off and only having a space saver spare like we did! Also dont rely on the co-ordinates for the car park from the Disney website as it took us an hour away from the park in the middle of a field south of Paris! Some reason my satnav didnt have Disney park in it??? Not a great trip down for us! :(

Stayed at the Disney New York hotel right next to the park that time so no buses to go on which was better but obviously a Disney hotel so expensive but it was very nice.

We're taking our 2 kids down over the Jubilee weekend in June, 3 nights/4 days. Driving down and staying at the Cheyenne as we wanted a cheaper Disney place, didn't think it was too bad £1100 half board for 2 adults, 2 kids and entry to the park for each of the 4 days. Not a lot of help for you but might see you down there +++

Also if you've got a club card you can get vouchers for Euro Tunnel so I saved the £90 on the train fare as well.

Probably staying for 3 nights from sun 17th June, not sure when the jubilee is to be honest?

Will more than likely take the newhaven - dieppe ferry, as although it's four hours, it means we have a ten min drive to the terminal, rather than 2 hrs to Dover or euro tunnel, and only a 2 hr drive the other side, rather than 3, which will make it much less of a chore for the kids, plus I think the eldest two will enjoy the ferry.

I'm pretty much decided on the Explorers I think, as we'll only be going into the park for two days, so they can enjoy the pool on the other two days.

I'm about to book three nights some time during Jubilee week.

Explorer's is looking good due to Pirate's etc being the big thing in our house at the moment.

Checking prices and the Disney New Port Bay is actually cheaper.

What's best?

Anyone got any extra discount/promo codes? I'll get the chunnel with Tesco vouchers but you need to book 60days in advance to use vouchers at Disney.