Skoda VAT free offers

Cagey

In my seemingly never ending quest to find a new car for MrsCagey, I've noticed that Skoda are advertising '0% VAT' on the majority of their range.

Can anyone tell me whether or not this offer comes out of the dealers margins or if it covered by Skoda UK? Just wondering whether I could expect to get more off than just the offer gives.

Oh, and anyone got any views on the Fabia Estate? Or the 105bhp 1.2 TSI engine?

I'm going to have a look this afternoon as thinking of swapping my TTS for something more sensible later in the year so thinking of the octavia vrs diesel or a superb.

The main stream diesel engines should be decent as same engine across the VAG range so surprised at the comment above, the wife has a A3 140bhp diesel which is very good and slightly better on economy than the BMW 118d equivalent.

Will report back when i have tested both cars in the near future.

jontymo

I nearly bought a Fabia vRS in September with that deal, the dealer was offering a little more but not a lot, about £300 if I recall, I was trying to get him to about £600 but he wouldn't budge so I walked out, he called me a few weeks later to see if I'd changed my mind, I asked if he'd changed his, he said no so I said goodbye.

Edit - Just also seen that the Yet's and any car with DSG are potentially facing minimum of 4 month waits for factory builds, however if I recall the 0% deal was for cars from stock.

Edited by stooH

Have to agree with MrMe, VAG diesels do seem quiet and refined, if you've never experienced those from Mercedes or BMW, they are in a different league.

To be fair to the Octavia, the one I borrowed for TDK's test drive competition (that never really happened in the end) was also the base spec, and the interior is awful, but they do get a lot better higher up the range.

No, they do seem quiet and refined, so long as you've never experienced better!

A lot of people come to diesels expecting them to still be the smoky rattly smelly underpowered tractor engines of years past, but even the worst of modern diesels are a massive leap forward from 15 years ago, so in comparison to most peoples expectations, even the VAG lumps seem good.

I should add though, that I had no issues with the 130PD lump I had in my Skoda Superb, bought new back in 2003, and I personally think the newer 2.0 common rail engines are a step backwards, as far as diesel engines go, imo, it was one of the best I've driven.

Thanks for the feedback. +++

For the mileage any car we get will be doing, I think we'll be going petrol, so was interested to know if their are any issues with the Twin-Charged 1.2.

I can honestly say, that I am thoroughly bored with looking at cars right now. I didn't really want to sell our Merc, but the money in the bank is nice to have with a potential house purchase on the horizon.

Seems that buying a car because you need to get one, rather than buying something you want are 2 completely different process'. Hey-ho.

Thanks for the feedback. +++

For the mileage any car we get will be doing, I think we'll be going petrol, so was interested to know if their are any issues with the Twin-Charged 1.2.

I can honestly say, that I am thoroughly bored with looking at cars right now. I didn't really want to sell our Merc, but the money in the bank is nice to have with a potential house purchase on the horizon.

Seems that buying a car because you need to get one, rather than buying something you want are 2 completely different process'. Hey-ho.

Not heard anything about the 1.2 twincharged but there certainly have been quite a few issues with the 1.4 twincharger engines mainly around oil consumption and a few cases of terminal failure requiring rebuilds or replacement engines. I would hope they have now fixed them.

Couldn't agree more.+++

It's like when a family friends asks for car buying advice that leads to you going out car hunting with them - but they're looking to spend £3,000 on the most economical thing possible and there are only 2 colours they like.:roflmao:

Been there a few times. Usually ended up with Punto's.:roflmao:

Couldn't agree more.+++

It's like when a family friends asks for car buying advice that leads to you going out car hunting with them - but they're looking to spend £3,000 on the most economical thing possible and there are only 2 colours they like.:roflmao:

Been there a few times. Usually ended up with Punto's.:roflmao:

Different people have different priorities and tastes and if a Punto makes them happy, then so be it, doesn't make them stupid or bad people.

Some people will go out and pay 10 times that amount on a car and then continually moan about the ride, so who is the fool +++

If the Skoda 0% vat offer makes the skoda appealing then perhaps you need to look at vauxhall - 0% apr finance over how ever many years + deposit contribution based upon the model you are buying and discount of 11% for most people with a connection via freinds and family. If its needs driven then that makes it a cheaper prospect than most - even to the point that leaving your own money inthe bank makes more than their finance costs you. OH and if you do a few model search / customisations on their site they give you a voucher for an extra £500 off!

• 4 months later...
The Skoda 0% offers have been running for a while now, a couple of months ago I posted up an offer on the vRS for £13k! The offer is from Skoda and it's possible to get more. Checkout Drive The Deal: Buy a new Skoda Fabia Hatchback

Drive the Deal have the Fabia vRS offer on again: Skoda Fabia vRS 180BHP DSG 7speed - £13,491 (should anyone be looking for one)