Cayman S Design Edition Question...

caymanESS

Hi there

Im considering buying a second hand Cayman Design Edition, but don't really want the decals on the bonnet or the doors. Does anyone know if these can be removed or are they under the laquer?

If they can be removed, will they leave a mark on the paint where the sun has faded the rest of it, and can this be polished out?

Thanks

If you don't like the stripes, then just get a normal Cayman S. there is no power hike on the special edition I believe.

If you take them off, you will probably end up having some issues selling it as a Special Edition at a later date.

People will question why they have gone, has it had a crash, is it real etc.

I think the Design Edition has some extra bits of body kit, but might be wrong. Certainly plenty of examples out there with styling bits and with/without the decals (I think they were possibly optional anyway).

On removing the decals from that example, if it's Guards Red I suspect you may have a problem, if it's silver you might get away with it.

A lot of the decals, 3M in particular are designed to allow sunlight to filter through them so that the paint fades underneath at the same time as the rest. We had some put onto one of our vans and when we took them off to sell it it was fine.

• 9 months later...

Every thing is possible in these days, World is getting so much advanced day by day, if you want to remove door than you can easily do it, if you feared about the paint spot or rust than you can bring your car to the graphic painter , he will change and remove all the spots from your car.