davidhayes

Hi, my first post on here. I have a Mercedes C220 CDI 2009 model which I had remapped last year. The dyno figure, premods, was c. 167bhp / 312 ft/lbs torque. Afterwards - 202bhp with about 369 ft/lbs torque. I have to say it transformed the car and can thoroughly recommend it. There have no been no downsides, even the mpg is still good - it averages 40 mpg but is mainly used on local runs in a hilly area.

Anyone else have a view on diesel tuning?

High pressure common rail diesels have a high manufactures overhead so it's pretty easy to tweak 15-20% more power and torque.

Problem is its so easy that frequently owners will tweak the power and not do anything else. The naughty bit being when the brakes and suspension of the car isn't really up to the extra power, double naughty if the owner "forgets" to mention anything to he insurance Co's

There is also the issue of a car inside warranty having the warranty vetoed should there be any problem whatsoever with the car.

By next spring we should have a 123d, and they seem to be happy to be chipped with 30% extra power, same or better mpg all for a modest £600 or so.

• 10 months later...