Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Palace

Upgrade headlights

10 posts in this topic

Now that I am near to picking up my Q5 I have been thinking about replacing the the Main & dipped with xenon filled bulbs, I did not go for the HID option, what bulbs last and work best and are recommended by the members I want bright white lights like Ring Ultima or Phillips extreme not "blue glow".

I have also been told changing bulbs in a Q5 is a pain what is the method, I believe you take the whole unit out, how? what is the procedure please

Edited by Palace
forgot "please"

It will be also worthwhile checking that your car won't fail its mot with aftermarket hid's.

They need to be self leveling and have washers I believe.

Forgive the poor wording of my question, I don't want High Intensity Discharge lights the bulbs I named are like a halogen filled bulb with a filament however filled with xenon allowing them to burn brighter.

I run PIAA bulbs in place of the standard H7 ones - much brighter light - almost white, and no blue tinge so you don;'t look like you're driving a Barried up barge. About £60 IIRC.

*cough*

£60 for set of f*cking headlight bulbs?

You feeling ok? It's not like you to waste money Mook?

If they work im ok with that still ask how to replace the bulbs/remove headlight units

*cough*

£60 for set of f*cking headlight bulbs?

You feeling ok? It's not like you to waste money Mook?

Think of it as not wasting money on a decent HID upgrade (cough, chav) or swapping for OEM Xenons ;)

If I wanted xenons I'd buy a car with them on*, I certainly wouldn't spend £60 on a set of bulbs! That's ridiculous!

I don't believe you paid that for them for one minute, your too tight! :P

*Actually, I did want them, but they were the only option the Galaxy didn't have, so I compromised, wouldn't bother with after markets though.

The list price is £60 :secret: