Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazdaves

HELP!!!!DPF Light on A4 Advant 07 S-Line 170BHP

5 posts in this topic

Hi

My DPF warning light has come on and now my Glow-plug light is flashing and the engine management light is permenetly on and my car is in limp mode.

does anybody know what I need to do to get this sorted?

can I still drive it(to the garage for instance)?

advise needed ASAP

Thanks in advance

Go drive it in third at about 50 mph on the dual to regenerate the DPF. That is when DPF light comes on. Mind you I had a 170 for 5 years and never had the DPF light on .................. ever. Get it warm and give it an Italian tune.

Actuall that's what you should have done every month.................now I guess its a garage forced regeneration if you are lucky. If not an expensive new DPF will be yours...................

As per maersk but you need to get on a dual carriageway or motorway and get in 4th gear just under 2000 rpm and go costantly at that rate for around 10-15 mins, the light may not go out during the drive, stop after around 20 mins, switch engine off - remove key and restart again this should set your DPF into regen mode, you must stay on the gas around 1800-2000 rpm You could then do a return journey of the same to ensure it's squeeky clean.

On the DPF models if you drive mixed roads each week like bit of motorway etc then you won't see a problem, if you are around town and A roads this is a feature as you're stop start etc. Crack on and enjoy :)

Mine did that and tried all sorts to manually fix it. Turned out to be a sensor fault, which was replaced.

Problem sorted went for a cruise(in limp mode)at between 50/60 mph in 4th gear with no cruise control for 15/20 mins on a motorway and DPF filter is completely cleared(for now)and car is now running like a dream again,thank goodness.

My mate plugged his laptop into the my motor and monitored it all the way he told me not to let the fuel run below a quarter of a tank and don't use cruise control when clearing the DPF filter as the program within the engine management does not function properly.

Hope this helps someone else as its a common problem on most modern cars(according to my mate)and is simple solution.

I LOVE MY AUDI AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Gazdaves

Edited by Gazdaves