The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread (2012)

NewNiceMrMe

May as well start it....it's always fun to watch develop.

Rumours started already in the press:

Yaya Toure - looks set to leave Man City with Real Madrid the favoured club. Agent has said he wants to leave (his agent has actually said that, but whether its true or not is something else)

Ronaldo - destined for Man City? City said to be prepared to bid £100m and pay him £500,000 a week. Likelihood? Not much I reckon...

Van Persie - said to be the target of Man City, Man United (can't see that myself) and Juventus

Fernando Llorente - on his way from Bilbao to Sunderland? Don't see that one happening...

Edinson Cavani - Napoli striker also being heavily linked with City

Eden Hazard - apparently City's No.1 target, looks likely to happen

Jan Vertonghen - Ajax to Spurs, seems likely from what is being written

Demba Ba - Chelsea supposedly in pursuit of the Newcastle striker

Kagawa, Lewandowski and Mats Hummels said to be the main targets for Man United

Berbatov to Lazio - wherever, he's going and I'd say that's as certain as anything

Lots more...post em' up!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea who will go where or for how much...

But I can guarantee that anyone United want, City will 'express an interest' in them, and drive up the price by several million quid.

They may even buy them, just because they can. And pay them eleventy hundred thousand pounds a week.

All of Portsmouth players off somewhere. Mainly to Leeds if based on all the rumours :roflmao:

Joe Mattock (West Brom - Released) to Pompey

Izale Mcleaod (Barnet - Bosman) to Pompey

Richard Hughes (Retired) to Pompey

Kelvin Etuhu (Free) to Pompey

Anyone with a pair of boots (Free) to Pompey

I hope us little clubs are allowed to join in....

Apparently Kagawa is heading to Arsenal. When asked recently if he was leaving, a team mate shouted "Ask Arsene Wenger!" This was the day after MrMe said he was going to MU. I have no idea where he's heading or if I even want him.

No idea on the M'Vila move. It was "99% done" before the WBA game and then it was down to whether we had Champions League football next season as to whether we could afford his wages, now all silent. :shrug: Surprised Wenger would want him with all his antics off the pitch.

Whoever Arsenal sign, we need to offload a lot of players. Bendtner, Park, Chamakh, Vela, Denilson are the most likely.

With the 25 man and 17 "non-home grown" squad rules it will be interesting to see how the journalists back up their rubbish. Some might even do a good job of working out who's in/ out.

Yeah, Stooh, don't mention Leeds :grin:

Apparently Kagawa is heading to Arsenal. When asked recently if he was leaving, a team mate shouted "Ask Arsene Wenger!" This was the day after MrMe said he was going to MU. I have no idea where he's heading or if I even want him.

He met with SAF earlier this week according to most press reports. Whoever gets him is getting a top quality player. He's been the main man behind Dortmund's success in recent years.

Whoever Arsenal sign, we need to offload a lot of players. Bendtner, Park, Chamakh, Vela, Denilson are the most likely.

Well Bendtner is out of Sunderland if everything I'm hearing up here is true. He's had some kind of a bust up with O'Neill over failing to show for travelling somewhere.

Well Bendtner is out of Sunderland if everything I'm hearing up here is true. He's had some kind of a bust up with O'Neill over failing to show for travelling somewhere.

He's already told everyone he'll not be sticking around because "up North" is a sh1thole :grin: He loves to make friends, does Nicky Bendtner +++

Newcastle United to sign French midfielder

Pardew's scouting network looks like it has been busy - and this is ultimately a free transfer.

Meanwhile new rumours...

Manchester United looking to sign Leighton Baines for £12m from Everton.

Falcao rumoured to sign for Chelsea for £50m. He's a top, top player. Very impressive indeed.

Real Madrid said to be in the hunt to get David Silva and Sergio Aguero from Man City.

Spurs set to splash the cash with £22m on Marseille striker Loic Remy

Juventus no longer in the hunt to sign Van Persie from Arsenal.

West Ham looking to sign Craig Gordon and Kieron Richardson from Sunderland

Edited by MrMe

Unless they're happy to have won the Premiership and want to go on to something else, I can't see Silva or Aguero moving.

£12m for Baines is good business for Everton. If true, that could go ahead.

I'm not sure about the Loic Remy to Sp*rs. This rumour has been going on for an age, but he's a good player and can't see him going there with no Champions League. But then, the Vertonghan rumour persists too and I couldn't see that one going ahead. I'm surprised ManU haven't jumped on that one. They could do with a new CB.

I'm 95% sure Aguero will leave. His father-in-law (Maradona) has already been saying he doesn't think he should be playing in England and has been very vocal about it - and if reports are to be believed he listens to him.

I think £12m is a lot for Baines and if he does move to United it'll be for a lower fee.

I think Remy is a possibility as the Vertonghan move is too. I can see them signing both. I don't think we'll want Vertonghan as we seem more interested in the Polish bloke from Borussia Dormund (Ledwinsidolskidurkadoolala or whatever he's called) up front and I think there are better options for that position.

p.s. whoever United sign it looks like it'll be multiple players as the latest news is that SAF has been told he can spend £120m if he wants to.

I think he was the best footballer of all time, but I cringe every time he opens his mouth and watch him on the touchline. Can't stand him as a man, but unquestionable genius as a footballer.

I do think Messi could eclipse him if he ever performs on the World Cup stage though - but until then, Maradona reigns in my book.

A bit more on the Hazard front. With both Manchester clubs and Chelsea wanting him he has said he wants to join Man U. The club have said they have to do what's best for both the club and the player.

I read into that if utd offer similar money as City then he will choose old Trafford, if utd don't bid enough, he won't have that choice.

Hmm, I'm not sure. His buy out clause is £30m.

Only a few hours ago his Dad was claiming he'd prefer Chelsea!

The Independent keep calling him a "potential global superstar" but I don't see that myself. He's very, very good, no doubt about that - but I do wonder if this latest news is just an attempt to extract more money out of the City coffers. It wouldn't surprise me.

United aren't going to be able to match the wages City will offer so if he does head to Old Trafford then he'll go up a notch in my book if he's turned down more money. I still think he's London bound though...