Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewNiceMrMe

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread (2012)

224 posts in this topic

An update...

Juventus are preparing a bid to take Luis Suarez from Liverpool.

Inter Milan and Juventus said to be in a tug of war for the signature of Man City player Kolarov.

Bayern Munich are set to offer Arjen Robben to Man City in a deal to sign Edin Dzeko.

Gareth Bale now strongly tipped to sign for Man City. Spurs are said to want to cash in on him whilst his price tag is at a premium. However, other reports suggest Bale has said he wants to stay in London for another season - but it sounds like he might not get that choice.

Luka Modric said to be discussing a move to Man United or Real Madrid now that Croatia are home from the Euro's. United are known to have made Spurs at least one offer for him but it's reported that the little shite prefers the thought of a move to Spain.

Liverpool trying to scupper the move of Crewe youngster Nick Powell to Man United, with Arsenal said to be sniffing around the edges just in case...

Tomas Rosciky said to be heading for the exit door at The Emirates and on his way to Turkey.

Wigan Athletic in the hunt to sign free agent and ex-Sunderland goalkeeper, Craig Gordon.

Man City doing their best to fend off interest in David Silva from Real Madrid - and have offered him a new £52m contract.

Swede Olaf Mellberg reported to be on the verge of a surprise move to Everton after impressing Moyes at Euro 2012.

Spurs have lost interest in David Moyes as their new manager after he failed to be enthralled at the prospect of the move on TV. Instead it's a 3 manager race between Andre Villas-Boas, former Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick and Laurent Blanc (said to be miffed by his French squad wanting to implode upon exiting Euro 2012).

Man City want to sign Coloccini from Newcastle United and pair him with another target - Danel Agger from Liverpool.

Spurs still in negotiation with Ajax over the transfer of Vertonghen.

Atletico Madrid have said they have no intention of listening to bids for wonder-player Falcao. But they haven't seen the size of Man City's cheque book yet.

and finally, Man United, Man City and Chelsea are reported to be all in the hunt for Vasco de Gama star Dede. His agent has now said they know Man City are preparing a 'substantial bid'. So if that's true, I guess that's the end of that one then...

Edited by MrMe

Not a rumour, so not sure if it should go in here, but the rumour that Giroud was going to Arsenal was confirmed today with a nice picture of him holding up an Arsenal shirt on the club website :grin:

M'Vila trail might be going cold though, apparently because of his recent antics not endearing himself to Monsieur Wenger. Which sounds about right. Though he's been trouble for the past year or so.

I'd be surprised if the Nick Powell signing falls through, wasn't that done and dusted?

I think the Powell rumours are just that - little substance to them.

Giroud is done if his current clubs chairman is to be believed. He reckons it's been signed off long ago.

Numerous sources now claiming that Man United have been given clearance to speak to Porto winger James Rodriquez after having a £40m offer accepted to trigger his buy-out clause.

Yup, Nani and others!

Yesterday Ferguson is reported to have told Nani's agent he can leave - as well as Berbatov, Fabio, Anderson, Park and Macheda.

Park was probably going anyway and he'll be given a testimonial as he's been superb for us. Macheda isn't wanted by QPR now and SAF doesn't want him back.

From what is being said it looks like this...

Nani - £20m out to Spain somewhere

Berbatov - £5m to PSG

Park - free to somewhere in Italy or Spain (but the Chinese are now interested)

Macheda - £2-3m to somewhere in England by the sounds of it

Anderson - back to Portugal for £5-8m.

Fabio - to Chelsea by the sounds of it, and for £12m

Well the Bale rumours were wrong.

Spurs have just announced he's signed a new 4 year contract.

Newcastle United said to be on the verge of signing 25 year old PSV Eindhoven striker, Ola Toivonen.

Arsenal ready to step up their interest in Atletico Madrid striker, Adrian.

Plus, their new signing Olivier Giroud has revealed he snubbed Chelsea for Arsenal.

Modric now absolutely certain to be leaving Spurs after saying he can't fulfil his ambition to win the Champions League with them - and Real Madrid seem very close to signing him now.

Newcastle United, Barcelona and Fiorentina all said to be chasing German international defender, Serdar Tasci.

Arsenal target Rondon has now said he's looking to leave Malaga and move to England. Arsenal have to fend off competition from Liverpool and Spurs for his signature.

Various sources in Italy are reporting that Nigel de Jong is to leave Man City and sign for Inter Milan.

Swedish U-17 winger Robert Mirosavic has been signed by Benfica - much to the annoyance of Arsenal and Man City who had both been tracking him and apparently had no idea the Portugese club had had an offer accepted...for £100,000. They probably haven't missed much though, because Sunderland gave him a trial last year and then lost interest in him!

Florent Malouda is a surprise target for Brazilian club Vasco Da Gama, a move that Malouda is said to be interested in.

Man City are reported to be ready to steal the 'next Messi' from Barcelona by offering £5m for youngster Sergi Samper and giving him a 4 year contract despite him being a mere 17 years old. The Spanish club have been desperate to keep him but the press in Spain say they think £5m is a good price for a player of his age.

Portsmouth are looking to bring in West Broms 3rd choice goalkeeper on loan for the season because we've not got a single goalkeeper amongst the 10 players we've currently got contracted to us. :rolleyes:

If they pay my travel, I'll play for Portsmouth. Don't even care if it's just to sit on the bench :grin:

Sorry, me and my mates that go have already volunteered to fill the 7 man bench :grin:

First one confirmed....United have shipped Fabio out. However, his destination is a surprise. Loaned to QPR.

The interesting thing is that his brother, Rafael, has signed a 4 year contract extension at the same time!

Arsenal to bid £12m for French international goalkeeper, Hugo Lloris.

Edinson Cavani, a long time Man City target, has asked Napoli to listen to bids for him. So maybe he's City bound after all.

Karim El Ahmedi (Moroccan midfielder) has signed from Aston Villa from Feyenoord

Spurs target Lassana Diarra looks set to spurn the London club and opt for AC Milan or Fenebache (from Real Madrid)

Uruguayan and Porto full back Alvaro Pereira is at the centre of a tug of war for his signature with Chelsea, Inter Milan, Napoli and Juventus all in the hunt.

AvB is now officially the T*ttenham "Head coach". So they will be going with the Director of Football set up...

I think he will do well there. They may not get instant success, but a top 7 finish next season will be a good enough platform for them. He's got something to prove now. Let's see if he can do it.

He's after Sturridge and Walcott, apparently. I think he might do ok at Spurs. Less of a basket case than Chelski.

Neither of those will happen. I think he might get Moutinho though, which would be a brilliant start if he doesn't keep hold of Modric. Then he needs two decent CBs that can work to his style, a LB, Proper Centre Forward and another winger. Then I might be worried +++

Neither of those will happen. I think he might get Moutinho though, which would be a brilliant start if he doesn't keep hold of Modric.

Really? You think they'd pay the £25m asking price? I don't.

Google 'Moutinho'. In the last 15-30 minutes all the major channels seems to be reporting that United have moved to sign him.

Usmanov, the fat Uzbeki, has been unhappy at not throwing money at the team since he first arrived. This letter has been waiting several months IMO. As soon as vP's statement came out he was itching to press "send"! He does raise some good points in his letter, but I don't want his dirty money, thanks.

RvP's statement didn't say anything about whether he thought they were title challengers last season. He said he disagreed with the direction of the club in challenging for the future. What does he know about running a football club? Stupid Dutch tw@t.

Do you think ManU would bid for him? I'm not sure he'd fit with Rooney.

Apparently it's a straight choice between United and City for him. Juventus are said to have dropped out because they can't afford his wages.

I think he'll end up at City. To be honest I don't like the guy but I do actually think RVP and Rooney up front as a pair would be a line-up that would work. I just don't think it'll happen and I'll not be too bothered if it doesn't. I'm not sure why, I've just always thought the guy is very over rated.

Hmm, now confirmed by the Manchester Evening News (who seldom get it wrong) that United are to bid for Van Persie and that Ferguson is very keen to land him.

Not the signing I'd have liked if it does come off, but I guess we have to trust in SAF.

RVP had a great season and is a real talent. However I wouldn't want him and the following sums up RVP perfectly.

Last season he played in 100% of the gunners league games. He scored 38 goals.

In all over seasons he has averaged 58% of games, scoring 9 goals.

That's not good enough for a top top player and injurys will stop him being one of the very best. I will eat my hat if he has another season like last.

What were Edin Dzeko's stats and how much was he? :roflmao:+++

What were Edin Dzeko's stats and how much was he? :roflmao:+++

Are we talking about Edin Dzeko who scored in the last minute of the final game to help clinch the title? To rip the heart out of man u supporters who for 2 brief minutes thought they had done it.

The same Dzeko who scored the 6th goal at old Trafford to complete an absolute route in your own back yard. A goal that helped win the league on goal difference?

Dzeko as in 4th choice City striker that still scored 16-18 (can't be arsed to check)?

Minutes per goal were probably not that far behind RVP.

Just checking we are talking about the same player.

Edit. I am not comparing the two players, RVP is massively better. Just answering MrMe's post who has gone off on a tangent.

Edited by billy2shots