Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Palace

Cree 5 reversing lights

11 posts in this topic

Just deciding on which cree 5 reversing lights to buy, I have a cree 5 torch that is literally brilliant, I carried this torch at work for 2 years with no problems...

Whilst waiting for Matt @ partsulike Q5 : PartsULike.co.uk, Parts U Like for Renault, Audi, Peugeot and Citroen to comeup with a cree bulb with a wide beam ie no lens I have modified a pair of bulbs to fit by soldering tags onto the pins to thicken them so they plug in the bulbs are Osram Halostar IRC GY6.35 15V, life 4000hrs, either 25W/560lm if you tend to use reversing lights for a long time or 35W/860lm if not . They are much brighter than the W16W that were fitted and with a wide spread & only cost £3.50 the pair off fleabay.

Edited by Palace

post-50504-137914483604_thumb.jpg​ Pictures taken at 9 pm car reversing towards me and 20 feet from fence reversing lights on fence

post-50504-1379144836_thumb.jpg

Edited by Palace
cackhandedness with computers

In case the forward gears stop working and he has to drive everywhere in reverse¿

I have never seen those before. I must admit I'm somewhat perplexed at why they'd be required by anyone. That said, personal choice and all that.

So you can blind anyone behind you when reverse parking?

Now... the thing is... I think this is a good idea. Reversing onto our drive in the Winter is a total PiTA, the X5 reversing lights are OK, but all other cars we've had have been useless.

If you don't want them anymore Palace, I'll give them a go :)

Point taken bulbs removed

I now have brighter cree Q5 7watt bulbs fitted can now really see where I am reversing on unlit roads that I use...

You know, you could always drive about in one of the forward gears - just saying like!