Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CactusGreen

Where's the classic....

14 posts in this topic

not been here in a while...whats happened to the B3/B4 and old cabby stuff?

Welcome back.

The A4 forum is there for all models. It just needs the posters. +++

Only the RS range has been separated off.

You're probably the only one on here to have one. The admins needed to reduce the number of sub-forums and unfortunately if some of them got no traffic, they went.

If it helps bolster the numbers, fuelled by sunshine, wine and eBay I bought a 1994 2.6E Audi Cabriolet in April +++

It cost £536, and looks great...from about 6 feet :grin: Any closer and the myriad of scratches accumulated on the streets of SW London over 19 years become visible... Mechanically sound though, wth an almost full service history all at Wimbledon Audi :cool:

If it helps bolster the numbers, fuelled by sunshine, wine and eBay I bought a 1994 2.6E Audi Cabriolet in April +++

It cost £536, and looks great...from about 6 feet :grin: Any closer and the myriad of scratches accumulated on the streets of SW London over 19 years become visible... Mechanically sound though, wth an almost full service history all at Wimbledon Audi :cool:

That is a bargain!

Lovely smooth (if a bit feeble) V6 engine, but they still look good! +++

You old poseur!! :grin:

not been here in a while...whats happened to the B3/B4 and old cabby stuff?

Welcome back +++

It's certainly very smooth, but when mated to a 4 speed 'box its neither quick nor economical!!

post-539-13791449984_thumb.jpg

Damn - I was expecting it to be green or purple :)

Are you Princess Diana..? :P

I'm sure hers was blue :) I expect she optioned leather and heated seats as well!! I do have an OEM wind deflector though and a Nardi wooden steering wheel to go with the walnut trim :roflmao:

I didn't realise I'd bought a 'classic' by the way :P I just wanted something to potter about in on sunny days! Funny thing is, it's around a year since we got rid of our A4 convertible, which was quartz grey and on a '57 plate. First thing our cleaner said when she saw this one was "oh, when did you get the Audi back" :roflmao:

Only had 6 weeks MOT when I bought it, but it just needed a couple of bulbs and it now has a full 12 months. For a laugh, and because 15 of the 17 stamps in the book were Audi, I booked it into Worthng Audi for a service, under the 'Fixed Price' service deal. For just over £300 it got a full service, and the only extras they could find to send me 'Audicam' video clips on were front pads 70% worn (so still 30% to go!) and an overdue gearbox oil change - its an old school auto. They even cleaned it inside and out - the norm I know but I didn't expect it on what is basically a banger :grin: