Froch

Torino101

I've never liked him and have said so on here many a time.

His distain for the achievements of Calzaghe are the mark of the man - he's not fit to lace Joe's gloves and his comments should be treated with a passing giggle.

However, he did put in an excellent performance against 'Booty'. It backed up the suspicions of many though - that being that whilst Froch doesn't dodge anyone (and is to be applauded for that), Bute had been and his suspect ability to withstand an onslaught from a real brawler (which Froch undoubtedly is) was proven on the night.

It doesn't change the fact that Froch was comprehensively out boxed by Andre Ward - a man that Calzaghe could teach boxing lessons too (Ward is very good, but his punch and connect rate is put into context by that of Joe).

He's eclipsed Nigel Benn though, no doubt about that. Not Eubank though, no way has he eclipsed Eubank.

He needs to back this win up with a rematch against Ward (if Ward will give him one eventually) and actually try next time. He described his last outing with Ward as 'flat'. It wasn't flat, it was woeful.

Froch might want to remember the fact that he was all set to retire if he didn't beat Bute, yet now he's better than Calzaghe was? I don't think.:roflmao:

He's a very good fighter, but he's not even looking into the league that Joe was in, never mind actually belong to it or get near to him.

p.s. I love the fact he says we wants to fight Kessler again. So Carl, you want to fight a man who beat you (albeit a tight call) and who has been out of action due to an eyesight threatening injury for a very long time? Is that the same Kessler that fought Calzaghe when the Dane at the absolute height of his powers? Is that the same Dane that came out of that fight with a face not much less battered than that of Jeff Lacy? Yet Kessler managed to beat Froch a couple of years later when much worse for wear. Ahh, yes Carl, reality dawns...

Edited by MrMe

..and one more thing...Calzaghe fought the last few years of his professional career with hands as brittle as crystal. When he beat Hopkins, everyone said it was because Hopkins was past it.

Yet Hopkins went on to beat Kelly Pavlik and Jean Pascal? He then narrowly, very narrowly, lost to Chad Dawson in a rematch after their no-contest first match.

Calzaghe fought everyone who would step up to the mark just like Froch has - it's just that Roy Jones Jnr and Bernard Hopkins avoided him for as long as they possibly could. They'll say the opposite, that's boxing, but you only need to look at how often they fight outside of the USA to find the truth.

Eubank and Benn both said Calzaghe was far superior to them and Chris Eubank even went as far as saying "Joe was far better than me. It's unfair to compare him to me, he's in a different class." That, from Eubank!

I would have thought Froch vs Calzaghe in their primes would have been nigh on suicide for Carl.

Forget in their prime. If Calzaghe went back to the gym today I remain of the opinion he would punch Froch's head off for 12 rounds in 6-7 months time and win every single round.

It's a joke for Froch to even dream he's capable of beating Joe Calzaghe in any era, in any format, at any weight.