The Olympic Thread

Andrew

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, I'm there this time next week for the mens hockey semis. Apparently going to the Brazilian supporters quarter tonight for some Olympic drinking.

I'm amazed at how this thread has decended into talking about bloody chavball although I suppose it might be because they were easy tickets to get hold of.

I spent 4 hours attempting to buy tickets last night and into the early hours.

The 2012 site had closing ceremony tickets, bmx, sync swim, canoe, trampoline, even athletics. Got bumped off with trying for 4 tickets to various.

So we agreed to take the odd single, I wanted bmx, she wanted sync swim etc.

The computer says no, b4stards... Has anyone had any luck with ticket purchase this week?

We went to watch Brazil thump NZ yesterday and it was excellent. Forget who finished top or runner up in the GB group - because it doesn't matter...Brazil, on what we saw, will annihilate them.:roflmao:

Neymar, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Ganso, the list goes on - utterly superb footballers who, and I don't say this lightly, would probably slot straight into the Barcelona side.

The atmosphere was excellent and I was surprised how many native Brazilians had travelled, not to mention a good few New Zealanders (the two we had in front of us were delighted when Brazil had a man sent off for diving because it was the only thing they had to get excited about all match :roflmao:).

up the medal table to 5th now :grin:

1 behind the French and 1 more (total, that is) than the Koreans, but it's the golds' that count. Other than that, at present, it's only the Chinese and our Atlantic friends that are top of the table. If we finish 3rd overall, that will be a frigging good effort for GB.

Have to say it was really good today, everybody really cheerful and pleasant. Reporter on TV just said that attendance will be double tomorrow due to athletics starting.....

I thought it was busy enough today!! No queues on entrance but did get my terrorist style drinks carton confiscated >:(

Much as I've enjoyed the rowing and especially the cycling, the track and field events are what the Olympics are all about for me.

Probably because I used to train with future and former Olympians when I was younger - Darren Campbell was at the same club as me for a while, and we competed against each other in schools events, and Shirley Strong gave me my first break in club competition.

Have to say it was really good today, everybody really cheerful and pleasant. Reporter on TV just said that attendance will be double tomorrow due to athletics starting.....

And cunningly it'll be the first day I go into London since it all started. My route is normally right alongside the Olympic park. :ffs:

Surely Wiggo a cert for BBC sports personality. Fantastic a achievements and a personality to boot!

I think it will take someone and something very special to beat him, like beating Usain Bolt in 100m or being Royal and winning a Gold medal :-)

Only doubt I have is that it would mean a cyclist getting it 2 years in a row.

Not forgetting the other GB medallists though. I was really chuffed for the farmer's son from Dorset, Peter Wilson, in the shooting. Very impressive and extremely humble having just won Gold.

I agree but it's the Tour de France win that sets Wiggins apart this year