Unmarked Police Cars

cruiser647

Anyone know what's going on?

Cruising down the A1 this morning, got to Sandy roundabout and a Nissan truck thingy (a Daz wagon) came past, blue lights down by the bumper edges flashing and main beams flashing away. Sirens on.

Thought nothing of it

Got to the Sainsburys at Biggleswade and 3 more unmarked Police cars came past - lights flashing, shades on. A BMW 1, a Mini and an A3.

Got to Stevenage and a BMW 3 estate hove into view a few miles back. This one eventually made it's way to me, and as it went past, the woman in the car infront was completely unaware of it. The BMW was weaving from one side to another - notihng doing. :roflmao: Just past the Stevenage junction I see her career over into the other lane. :rolleyes: She must have got the message. The BMW steamed off.

Got to the next Stevenage junction, and another pick-up came past.

Between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden, a Golf GTi and a white VW Crafter Van came by (much slower).

Must be something big going - the only thing I can think of is that they are the Olympic Torch bods changing duty rostas?

Saw something odd on the Autobahn this week.

2 F10 5-series unmarked plod cars - they had no graphics, but were running with blues and a POLIZEI matrix in the rear window.

But they were running very fast, and very close, in a 'staggered' formation in the 'fast' lane.

No idea what they were up to, but it looked damned impressive.

Not quite as impressive as the cavalcade for an African dictator near the Reichstag, though - there were lots of strange movements of diplomats around the area, but that was the one which stood out. Think it was his white military jacket and big, peaked, military cap that made it so prominent.

• 1 year later...

Resurecting an old thread but it doesn't really warrant a new one of it's own.

Our local force has got rid of the blue R32 and black A3 they had, I've spotted the replacement a few times but not managed to get a picture of it before -

dyti.jpg

De-badged for some sneaky reason, perhaps because a reg check shows it to be a 260bhp 130i M Sport rather than the expected 2.0 TDi?

Anyway, I'd never really thought much about these before, but they look like quite a tasty motor, wonder how much you can pick one up for second hand?