Chester

Three_Mile

We're planning on taking our two girls up to Chester for a few nights over the October bank holiday. Use it as a base to go to the zoo etc.

We're thinking of renting an apartment in Chester, so just a quick question, are there any areas where we don't want to stay in, if you get my meaning?

Also any other suggestions about places to go whilst we're there would be helpful.

Thanks

Yeah Carden park is nice and they do have some great offers on my other half gets rooms there for silly prices or at least did anyway.

The centre is nice for shopping and a bit different to the normal hight street. You can go to the zoo, there is also an aquarium not that far away and you could wiz into the centre of Liverpool and see that its change a lot in recent years especially along the front and with Liverpool One.

====

Tell them to avoid Blacon, Garden city, Deeside and even Ellesmere port as this is quite an industrial place to stay although does have some nice parts. These are all areas on the out skirts of Chester but the city itself is pretty much all nice as it is not very big. Like anywhere there are nicer parts than others but there are no dodgy areas as such. Anywhere by the river is nice but I imagine quite pricey.

Places to visit/things to do:

• If they are not sick of animals after the Zoo there is always the blue planet aquarium. An excellent day out as you know!
  • Cheshire Oaks Outlet village if they fancied some shopping
  • Deeside Ice rink for an indoor activity if it’s raining
  • Chester Museum – lots on the Roman things
  • Chester Walls & amphitheatre
  • Can hire pedal boats or take a trip on the river boats
  • A short drive and you are in Wales – lots of hills and nice walks especially (loggerheads & Moel Famau)

Hope this helps.

Sorry a little late to this one. I think all of Chester's main attractions have been mentioned. A few other ideas:- Candle workshop, ice cream farm and Beeston castle are all very close to each other.

Delamere forest has a Go Ape zip line/high wire adventure park or you can hire mountain bikes there, though Llandegla is probably better for biking and also in easy reach. Oulton Park is very close so there may be a motorsport event on if that's of interest.